登臺這事兒很有意思,大致我們從幼兒園、小學時就有過在眾人面前表演的初次經歷,如果按對舞臺的感覺來分,人也能被分為兩類:天然“人來瘋”與舞臺“恐懼癥”。無論如何,登臺表演是十分有趣的經驗,也極有助于培養人的社交綜合素質,甚至能幫助很多人發現自己終身的志向。文藝青年小高正為學校排話劇的事焦慮不已,臺下反復演練,臺詞記不住,上臺腿軟…即使如此,他也非常喜歡小型話劇,并樂在其中。
Dialogue 1:
Xiao Gao: Hey Jingjing, what's the good word?
小高:京晶,最近有什么高興的事嗎?
Jingjing: Nothing new.Hey, what are you trippin' about? You seem worried about something…
京晶:沒什么新鮮事。你怎么了?看起來有點兒焦慮。
Xiao Gao: I've been pulling my hair out trying to memorize my lines for the school play. Do you think you can help me practice for a little while?
小高:我為了學校話劇排練記臺詞的事情傷透了腦筋。你能幫我練習一下嗎?
Jingjing: How can I do that?
京晶:我怎么幫你?
Xiao Gao: I'll recite my lines, and you tell me if they're right or wrong.
小高:我來背我的臺詞,你幫我看一下對還是錯。
Jingjing: I don't know…Are you sure you can keep a straight face?
京晶:這個……你能保證你可以忍住不笑嗎?
Xiao Gao: Well, if I start laughing, I'll just find someone else to help me.
小高:如果我笑的話,我就去找別人幫我。
Jingjing: Suit yourself.Okay, where should we practice at?
京晶:那好吧,我們在哪里練習?
Xiao Gao: Let's head over to the school library, it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop.
小高:我們去學校圖書館吧,那里安靜得連一根針掉的聲音都聽得見。
Jingjing: Sounds good.
京晶:好的。
習語短語
1. What's the good word? = 最近好嗎?有什么開心的事兒嗎?
2. trippin' = 擔心某事
3. pull one's hair out =為某事傷透腦筋(想把頭發都拔出來)
4. lines = 臺詞
5. keep a straight face = 忍住不笑
6. suit yourself =好吧,隨你的便
7. head over = 去
8. So quiet you can hear a pindrop = 安靜(連針掉地上的聲音都聽得見)
9. Sounds good. = 好的;好主意。