46. Anything for a Kiss
第46課 為了吻不惜一切
Martin and Sally have just watched Thai boxing. (M=Martin; S=Sally)
馬丁和莎莉剛觀賞完泰國拳。
How did you like the fight, Sally?
你覺得那場格斗如何, 莎莉?
I found it not only too violent but also very brutal.
我發覺那種比賽不只是過分暴力, 而且還非常殘忍。
You're right. It's amazing how the fighters can take not only the punching but all the kicking as well. I wouldn't be able to handle it.
你說的沒錯。那些拳擊手怎么有辦法承受所有的拳打腳踢, 真是令人覺得不可思議。我可沒辦法挨上這么幾下。
Oh, don't be so modest, Martin.
哦, 別那么謙虛嘛, 馬丁。
No, really. I wouldn't fight one of those tough guys for all the money in the world.
不, 是真的。就算是給我天底下的錢我也不會和這些硬漢中的任何一個打。
Would you do it for a kiss?
你會為了一個吻而那么做嗎?
That's a different story. Sure, I will. But you've got to pay in advance. (Martin tries to kiss Sally.)
那又另當別論了。當然, 我會。但是你要先付款。(馬丁試著要親莎莉。)
No, please don't. I was only kidding.
不, 拜托不要。我只是在開玩笑。