44. Better off with E-mail?
第44課 電子郵件會便好
Steve is chatting with his sister, Diana.
史帝夫正在和他妹妹戴安娜聊天。
S: Gee, Diana, you're always at home. Don't you have any friends to go out with?
咦,戴安娜,你老是待在家里。你沒有朋友可以一起出去的嗎?
D: Sure, I do. But all my friends are either out shopping or they're boring. And you know I hate shopping.
我當然有。但是我的朋友不是出去購物了就是很無聊,而且你知道我很討厭去購物。
S: Get a boyfriend. I'm sure you won't be bored then.
找個男朋友嘛,我相信那樣你就不會覺得無聊了。
D: Actually, I want to meet some interesting guys but I don't know how to.
其實我想認識些有趣的男生,但是我不知道該怎么做。
S: Why don't you try E-mail? You might get lucky.
你何不試試電子郵件?你可能會走運。
D: I don't think so. Besides, dating through e-mail is neither personal nor romantic. Why don't you introduce me to some of your friends?
我才不這么認為呢。何況通過電子郵件約會既沒有親切感又不浪漫。你為什么不介紹一些你的朋友給我認識呢?
S: Why didn't I think of that? How about my best friend, Fred?
我為什么沒想到呢?我最要好的朋友弗瑞德怎么樣?
D: Uh… maybe I'll be better off with e-mail.
呃……我用電子郵件可能會比較好些。