One day, the peaceful pill could
未來的某一天 安寧劑
be the last of the 14,000 you may have taken,
可能會成為你不加思索就服下的
packets and packets of pills
一盒又一盒的
you've probably popped without even thinking,
近14000顆藥片里的最后一片
but should you be thinking about it more?
但是 你應該多思索一些嗎
You show me a drug with no side effects,
如果一種藥沒有副作用
I'll show you a drug with no benefits.
那么它也不會有什么療效
The difference between a drug and a poison is basically the dose.
藥物和毒品的不同就在于劑量
It was so painful, I couldn't walk
我疼得厲害 有強烈惡心感
or I'd be violently sick
簡直無法走路
and I got the shivers and my heart would race like crazy.
我會打寒顫 心跳得厲害
And I thought, "Christ, these are just painkillers," You know.
我想 上帝 這只不過是止痛藥
But medicines have the power to cure...
但是藥物有著治療的功效
And improve the quality of our lives.
并且改善我們的生活質量
New drugs will be discovered...
新的藥物將被不斷開發
There is a huge opportunity now,
如今我們正面臨巨大的機遇
probably greater than ever before,
也許比以往都要好得多的機遇
to make a new raft of medicines.
來開發大量新藥
..And new uses found for drugs we already have.
以及發掘我們現有藥物的新作用