If it keeps me healthier than I
如果吃藥能使我更健康
would otherwise be, and hopefully mentally alert,
頭腦更靈活
then, you know, it's doing its job
那它就起到功效
and thank you very much.
我就不勝感激了
I believe in my heart that it's not good.
但我內心認為藥物是不好的
I don't think it's a good thing.
我覺得吃藥不是件好事情
We're not meant to take them.
我們不該服用藥物
In the old days, they didn't take them. They just died, you know.
過去的人們從不吃藥 他們順其自然
I don't like it but I... I am...
我不喜歡吃藥 但是 我
It's part of my life.
這是我生活的一部分
It is my life, actually.
實際上 這就是我全部的生活
Millions of people turn
數百萬人每天靠服藥
to pills every day to prolong their lives,
來延長他們的生命
but there are some who believe medicine
但也有些人 比如約翰·斯圖爾特
could also be used to bring it to an end, like John Stuwart.
認為藥物能用來結束他們的生命
If there was such a thing as a simple pill that you could take,
如果世上有如此簡單的藥物
preferably with a large Scotch,
配上一大杯蘇格蘭威士忌服下
and go to sleep and not wake up,
就能讓你長睡不醒
a lot of people would prefer that,
不知多少人想要得到這樣的機會
in fact would leap at the chance.
利用這樣的機會