What we've moved from is a world
我們所經歷的改變
in which we thought that drugs were poisons
是從認為藥物有毒害作用
and the art of medicine was to make sure
我們只在一種情況下服用藥物
that the person had a reasonably serious condition
那就是病人出現嚴重病癥
that posed risks,
嚴重到
that justified the risk we knew came with the pills,
我們不得不承擔藥物所帶來的風險
to a world where the drugs are now viewed as fertilisers.
改變為 藥物被我們視作一種肥料
They can do no harm if you
如果你適當使用
just sprinkle them around the place widely.
就不會帶來傷害
I don't mind popping pills at all.
我完全不介意吃藥
It doesn't bother me, it doesn't worry me.
我不覺得這有什么不好
I think I'm being kept alive artificially.
我覺得自己需要藥物維持
I think the biblical span of life tells you that at my age,
我覺得 到了我這個年紀
one's usually, you know, gone.
很多人可能已經去世
I hate taking them,
我討厭吃藥
to be quite honest, if you want the truth.
老實講 如果你真想知道
I really hate taking pills
我真討厭吃藥
at all because it's really against my grain
可是 我必須吃藥
that, you know, I'm needing to take them.
這著實叫我覺得不情愿
By the time you're in your 70s,
等你到了70歲左右的年紀
you're likely to be taking at least five pills every day.
你每天至少要吃5顆藥