日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED演講MP3+字幕 > TED演講之娛樂篇 > 正文

TED演講(MP3+雙語字幕) 第62期:你的醫生不愿透露什么?(3)

來源:網易 編輯:mike ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

Then, we go one step further.

然后, 我們更進一步。
We add our values when it comes to women's health,LGBT health, alternative medicine,preventive health, and end-of-life decisions.
我們帶來了更多的好處:比如女性健康,同性雙性戀及跨性者的健康問題, 替代療法,衛生預防, 以及臨終決定。
We pledge to our patients that we are here to serve you,so you have a right to know who we are.
我們向我們的患者 保證我們在這里是為你服務。所以你有權利知道我們是誰,
We believe that transparency can be the cure for fear.
我們相信這種透明可以治療恐懼。
I thought some doctors would sign on and others wouldn't,but I had no idea of the huge backlash that would ensue.
我當時認為一些醫生 會簽下這份協議, 一些不會,但是我不知道接下來 會產生這么大的反對意見。
Within one week of starting Who's My Doctor?
在這項活動開始的一周內
Medscape's public forum and several online doctors' communities had thousands of posts about this topic.
知名醫學網站醫景的公共論壇和一些網上醫生社區有了上千個關于這個話題的帖子。
Here are a few.
這里有一些
From a gastroenterologist in Portland:
來自于波特蘭的一個胃腸病專家:
I devoted 12 years of my life to being a slave.
我奉獻了我生命中的12年去成為一個奴隸,
I have loans and mortgages.
我有貸款和抵押貸款,
I depend on lunches from drug companies to serve patients.
我依靠制藥公司給的飯碗去給患者服務。
Well, times may be hard for everyone,
這個時代對于每一個人都是困難的,
but try telling your patient making 35,000 dollars a year to serve a family of four that you need the free lunch.
但是嘗試去告訴你的患者一年賺35,000美金去養活一家四口使你需要這個免費午餐。
From an orthopedic surgeon in Charlotte:
這個是來自夏洛特的一名矯形外科醫生:
I find it an invasion of my privacy to disclose where my income comes from.
我認為公開我的收入來源 是一種對我隱私的侵犯,
My patients don't disclose their incomes to me.
我的病人也不向我公開他們的收入情況。
But your patients' sources of income don't affect your health.
但是你病人的收入來源不影響你的健康。
From a psychiatrist in New York City:
這個是來自一名紐約的精神科的醫生:
Pretty soon we will have to disclose whether we prefer cats to dogs,what model of car we drive,and what toilet paper we use.
不久之后我們將不得不公開 我們是否喜歡喜歡貓比狗多一點,我們開什么類型的車,我們用什么廁紙。
Well, how you feel about Toyotas or Cottonelle won't affect your patients' health,but your views on a woman's right to choose and preventive medicine and end-of-life decisions just might.
你的豐田汽車和斯科特紙的看法不會影響你的病人的健康,但是你對女性權利的選擇,預防醫學和臨終決定的看法是可能的。
And my favorite, from a Kansas City cardiologist:
還有我最喜歡的一條, 來自于堪薩斯城的心臟科醫生:
More government-mandated stuff?
更多國家指定的醫生?
Dr. Wen needs to move back to her own country.
文醫生需要搬回自己的國家。
Well, two pieces of good news.
這有兩條好消息,
First of all, this is meant to be voluntary and not mandatory,and second of all, I'm American and I'm already here.
第一, 這應該是自愿的而不是強制的,第二, 我是美國人, 而且我已經在這了。
Within a month, my employers were getting calls asking for me to be fired.
一個月之內, 我的雇主接到過幾通電話要求解雇我。
I received mail at my undisclosed home address with threats to contact the medical board to sanction me.
在我的一個私人的居所里, 收到了一封郵件威脅說要去聯系醫委會制裁我,
My friends and family urged me to quit this campaign.
我的朋友和家庭強烈要求我從這個活動里退出,
After the bomb threat, I was done.
在收到炸彈威脅后, 我受夠了。
But then I heard from patients.
但是然后我從患者那里聽說,
Over social media, a TweetChat,which I'd learned what that was by then,generated 4.3 million impressions,and thousands of people wrote to encourage me to continue.
基于大眾評價, Tweetchat,是我在當時用的社交工具,已經產生了430萬的留言,上千人留言鼓勵我繼續。
They wrote with things like,if doctors are doing something they're that ashamed of,they shouldn't be doing it.
他們寫下一些如,如果醫生做了一些讓他們感到羞愧的事情,他們就不應該那樣做。
Elected officials have to disclose campaign contributions.
當選官員在公開他們的競選資金來源,
Lawyers have to disclose conflicts of interests.
律師在公開他們的經濟利益沖突的情況下,
Why shouldn't doctors?
醫生怎么就不能公開了?
And finally, many people wrote and said,let us patients decide what's important when we're choosing a doctor.
最后, 許多人留言說,讓我們患者決定當我們選一個醫生的時候,什么才是重要的。
In our initial trial,over 300 doctors have taken the total transparency pledge.
在我們初期的實驗里,超過300個醫生參與了這個透明承諾。
What a crazy new idea, right?
多么瘋狂的想法, 對嗎?
But actually, this is not that new of a concept at all.
但是事實上, 這一點都不算是新的概念。
Remember Dr. Sam, my doctor in China,with the goofy jokes and the wild hair?
記得山姆醫生,那個會講傻傻的笑話和 狂野的頭發的中國醫生嗎?
Well, she was my doctor,but she was also our neighbor who lived in the building across the street.
她曾是我的醫生,但是她同時也是住在街對面的鄰居。
I went to the same school as her daughter.
我和她的女兒去的同一所學校,
My parents and I trusted her because we knew who she was and what she stood for,and she had no need to hide from us.
我的父母和我相信她因為我們知道她是怎樣的一個人 和她的信仰是什么,她不需要向我們隱藏什么。
Just one generation ago, this was the norm in the U.S. as well.
僅僅這一代之前, 這在美國也是常態。
You knew that your family doctor was the father of two teenage boys,that he quit smoking a few years ago,that he says he's a regular churchgoer,but you see him twice a year: once at Easter and once when his mother-in-law comes to town.
你知道你的家庭醫生 是兩個十幾歲男孩的父親,他幾年前把煙戒掉了,經常去做禮拜,但是你見他一年兩次: 要么是在復活節要么就是他的岳母到訪的時候。
You knew what he was about,and he had no need to hide from you.
你知道關于他的事情,他不需要向你隱藏什么。
But the sickness of fear has taken over,and patients suffer the consequences.
但是現在已經恐懼占據了,患者為其承擔后果。
I know this firsthand.
我親身經歷過的。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
sanction ['sæŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 批準,處罰,約束力
vt. 批準,支持

聯想記憶
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影響,作用,感動

聯想記憶
disclose [dis'kləuz]

想一想再看

vt. 揭露

聯想記憶
norm [nɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 標準,規范

 
cardiologist

想一想再看

n. 心臟病學家;心臟病科醫師

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社會的,社交的
n. 社交聚會

 
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 運動,活動,戰役,競選運動
v. 從事運

聯想記憶
preventive [pri'ventiv, pri:-]

想一想再看

n. 預防藥;預防法 adj. 預防的,防止的

聯想記憶
surgeon ['sə:dʒən]

想一想再看

n. 外科醫生

 
alternative [ɔ:l'tə:nətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 兩者擇一的; 供選擇的; 非主流的

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美gv网站| 牙狼魔界战记| 泰剧《一触即爱》| 铠甲勇士第一部演员表| 饥渴女人的外遇| va在线观看视频| 镍多少钱一公斤| 德鲁| 天下第一楼剧情介绍| 上香香灰打卷图解| dj歌曲串烧中文大全| 疖子一般几天能熟出脓| 境界bleach千年血战| 牛油果营养价值| 我的公公电影| 少林问道演员表| 哈基米| 扭扭棒卡皮巴拉教程| 红灯区1996| 喜羊羊电影| 豪门本色| 肉体在线观看| 王熙| 第五单元初试身手| lanarhoades在线av| 德鲁| 转正意见发言简短| 胡家玮| 德鲁| 译码器及其应用实验报告| 色戒在线观看免费观看| 香港之夜免费播放国语| 北京卫视今天全部节目表| 李正夏| 抖音网站入口| cctv5+体育节目表| 孙东杓| 夫妻爱情视频| 神犬奇兵 电视剧| 女生被侵犯的视频| 人世间豆瓣|