But early the next morning things took a turn for the worse
但次日清晨 傷情就急轉直下
and he had a massive stroke.
并且嚴重中風
This left him with severe brain damage.
這使得他的大腦受到了重創
He was told he'd never talk properly again.
醫生說他可能永遠無法開口講話了
I remember watching a programme probably six months
我記得大概在史蒂夫出事的六個月前
before Steve had his accident,
我看過一個節目
which showed a lady caring for her disabled husband
講的是一個女人照顧其殘疾丈夫的故事
and I remember feeling,
我還記得自己當時覺得
"Gosh, if that happened to me, I don't think I'd be able to do that."
天哪 要是發生在我身上我可做不到
I remember sitting for about two hours in the room when he was asleep,
我曾在熟睡的丈夫身旁呆坐兩個小時
raging inside that this was not fair.
心里怒喊著 這不公平
We'd just got our business going
我們剛剛開始自己的事業
and it was doing really well,
還經營得不錯
and we had two young children
還有兩個年幼的孩子
and I just think sometimes it's not fair.
我只是覺得有時候世界真不公平