"Bella?" Carlisle called to me.
“貝拉?”卡萊爾向我喊道。
I tried to answer. "Mmmmm?"
我試圖回答。“嗯?”
"Is the fire gone?"
“火焰消失了嗎?”
"Yes," I sighed. "Thank you, Edward."
“是的。”我嘆息著。“謝謝你,愛德華。”
"I love you," he answered.
“我愛你。”他答道。
"I know," I breathed, so tired.
“我知道。”我低聲說著,感到那么的疲憊。
I heard my favorite sound in the world: Edward's quiet laugh, weak with relief.
我聽到了在這世界上我最愛的聲音:愛德華安靜的笑聲,他的聲音因為寬慰而有些無力。
"Bella?" Carlisle asked again.
“貝拉?”卡萊爾又問道。
I frowned; I wanted to sleep. "What?"
我皺起了眉頭。我只想睡覺。“什么?”
"Where is your mother?"
“你母親在哪里?”
"In Florida," I sighed. "He tricked me, Edward. He watched our videos." The outrage in my voice was pitifully frail.
“在佛羅里達。”我嘆了口氣。“他騙了我,愛德華。他看了我們的錄像。”我聲音里的憤怒微弱得可悲。
But that reminded me.
但這提醒了我。
"Alice." I tried to open my eyes. "Alice, the video — he knew you, Alice, he knew where you came from." I meant to speak urgently, but my voice was feeble. "I smell gasoline," I added, surprised through the haze in my brain.
“愛麗絲。”我試圖睜開眼睛。“愛麗絲,那段視頻——他認識你,愛麗絲,他知道你從哪里來。”我刻意說得緊迫些,但我的聲音太虛弱了。“我聞到了汽油的味道。”我補充道,驚訝穿透了我腦海里的薄霧。
"It's time to move her," Carlisle said.
“是時候挪動她了。”卡萊爾說道。
"No, I want to sleep," I complained.
“不,我只想睡覺。”我抱怨道。
"You can sleep, sweetheart, I'll carry you," Edward soothed me.
“你盡管睡,甜心,我會抱著你的。”愛德華安撫著我。
And I was in his arms, cradled against his chest — floating, all the pain gone.
然后,我落入了他的環抱,就好像躺在搖籃里一樣,緊貼著他的胸膛——我在漂浮著,所有的疼痛都消失了。
"Sleep now, Bella" were the last words I heard.
“睡吧,貝拉。”這是我所聽到的最后一句話。