"Don't I taste as good as I smell?" I smiled in response. That hurt my face.
“我嘗起來跟聞起來一樣好嗎?”我報以一笑。笑容扯痛了我的臉。
"Even better — better than I'd imagined."
“還要更好些——甚至比我想象過的還有好。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized.
“對不起。”我道歉道。
He raised his eyes to the ceiling. "Of all the things to apologize for."
他翻著眼睛,看著天花板。“在所有應該道歉的事情中。”
"What should I apologize for?"
“那我應該為什么而道歉?”
"For very nearly taking yourself away from me forever."
“為你差一點就讓自己永遠地離開我。”
"I'm sorry," I apologized again.
“對不起。”我再次道歉。
"I know why you did it." His voice was comforting. "It was still irrational, of course. You should have waited for me, you should have told me."
“我知道你為什么要這樣做。”他的聲音有著安撫的味道。“當然,這樣做還是很不理智。你應該等著我的,你應該告訴我的。”
"You wouldn't have let me go."
“你不會讓我走的。”
"No," he agreed in a grim tone, "I wouldn't."
“是的,”他用冷酷的語氣贊同道。“我不會這樣做的。”
Some very unpleasant memories were beginning to come back to me. I shuddered, and then winced.
某些很不愉快的回憶開始闖入我的腦海。我顫抖著,然后畏縮起來。
He was instantly anxious. "Bella, what's wrong?"
他立刻焦急起來。“貝拉,怎么了?”
"What happened to James?"
“詹姆斯怎么了?”
"After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him." There was a fierce note of regret in his voice.
“在我把他從你身上拖開以后,艾美特和賈斯帕料理了他。”他的語氣里有著一種尖銳的后悔。
This confused me. "I didn't see Emmett and Jasper there."
這話讓我困惑起來。“我沒看見艾美特和賈斯帕在那里。”
"They had to leave the room… there was a lot of blood."
“他們不得不離開那間屋子……到處都是血。”
"But you stayed."
“可你留下來了。”
"Yes, I stayed."
“是的,我留下來了。”
"And Alice, and Carlisle…" I said in wonder.
“還有愛麗絲和卡萊爾……”我驚奇地說道。
"They love you, too, you know."
“他們也愛你,你知道的。”
A flash of painful images from the last time I'd seen Alice reminded me of something. "Did Alice see the tape?" I asked anxiously.
痛苦的畫面一閃而過,我最后一次看見愛麗絲時的情景提醒了我某件事。“愛麗絲看了那卷帶子沒?”我焦急地問道。