I could not go on;the pain was too great,and I fell violently on both my knees.Smith was thrown off.
我沒法兒繼續走了;腳疼得太厲害了,我重重地跪了下來。史密斯被甩了出去。
He tried to get up but couldn't,then he lay still.
他試著爬起來,可是沒成功,然后他就一動不動地躺在那里了。
I could do nothing but wait.
我只好等著。
It was nearly midnight when I heard a horse's feet and the wheels of a carriage.
當我聽到馬蹄聲和馬車的輪鍵聲時已近午夜了。
I neighed loudly,and was very happy to hear an answering neigh from Ginger,and men's voices.
我長嘶了一聲,然后驚喜地聽到了金兒的應答,還有男人的聲音。
Then the carriage came out of the darkness and stopped.
馬車從夜色中駛來并停了下來。
Two men jumped down beside Smith.'It's Reuben,'said one,'and he's not moving,Robert.'
兩個男人跳下車站在史密斯身旁。是魯賓,一個說,他一動也不動,羅伯特。
'He's dead,'said Robert,touching Smith.'His hands are cold and his head is covered with blood.'
他死了,羅伯特摸了摸史密斯說,他的手冰涼,頭上滿是鮮血。
They looked at me and saw my cut knees.
他們看了看我,發現了我受傷的膝蓋。
The horse has been down and thrown him!said Robert.He tried to lead me forward but I almost fell again.
這馬摔倒了,把他甩了出去!羅伯特說,他想牽著我向前走,可我差點兒又摔倒。
He's bad in the foot,too.No wonder he went down,riding over these stones without a shoe!
他的蹄子也不對勁。怪不得他摔倒呢,沒有掌還在這片石頭地上跑!
關于《黑駿馬》
黑駿馬通過自己的眼睛,用惟妙惟肖的語言,講述了一個個娓娓動聽的故事,向讀者們傳遞著這么一個信息—動物也有感覺,也有思想,人類應該善待動物。