My dream had come true. Miss Havisham was making me rich!
我的夢想變成了現實,郝薇香小姐正在讓我富有起來!
Now,Mr Pip,continued the lawyer,there are two conditions.
喂,匹普先生,這位律師接著說,有兩個條件:
The first is that you always use the name of Pip.
首先,你永遠使用匹普這個名字。
The second is that the name of the person who has heen so generous to you must remain a secret,until that person chooses to tell you.
第二,對你如此慷慨的那個人的名字必須保秘,直到時機成熟了,那個人會告訴你的。
You are forbidden to ask any questions or try to discover who the person is.Do you accept these conditions?
禁止你問任何問題,或想發現這個人是誰,你接受這些條件嗎?
My heart was beating fast as I whispered,Yes '.
當我小聲說接受時,我的心臟快跳出來了。
Now,to details.I have been given enough money for you to live the life of a gentleman in London while you are studying.
喂,講點細節問題,當你正在學習時,我要給你在倫敦過一個紳士生活的足夠費用,
You will come to me to ask for whatever you need.
你無論需要什么都來向我要。
I suggest Mr Matthew Pocket as a teacher.
我建議馬修·樸凱特作為一名教師。
I remembered that was the name of one of Miss Havisham 's relations,the one who did not visit her often.
我記起來了,這是郝薇香小姐其中一個親戚的名字,這個親戚不常看她。
You must buy some new clothes.
你必須買幾件新衣眼,
Shall I leave you twenty pounds?He counted twenty coins out of his large purse onto the table.
我留給你20鎊吧。他從大錢袋里數出20個硬幣放在桌子上,
And when can you come to London?Next Saturday?
你什么時間能動身去倫敦?下星期六?
I agreed,feeling very confused.He looked at Joe,who seemed even more confused.
我感到十分迷惑,同意了。他看了看喬,喬好像更迷惑不解。
Well,Joe Gargery?Perhaps,I only say perhaps,I promise nothing,he said,throwing his purse carelessly from one hand to another,perhaps I have been told to give you a present when you lose your apprentice.'
喂,喬·葛吉瑞,或許,我只講或許,我沒有什么許諾,他漫不經心地從一只手到另一只手扔著他的錢袋說,也許我已經講過,當你失去你的徒弟時,給你一份禮品。
Joe put his great strong hand on my shoulder in the gentlest possible way.
喬把他那粗壯有力的手輕輕地搭在我的肩。
關于《遠大前程》
于是他暗中出錢讓律師賈格斯找到皮普,告訴他“將要繼承一大筆財產”,同時還要安排他去倫敦接受上等人的教育。皮普覺得幸福的大門在他面前敞開了,他從此可以成為上等人,能夠以平等的地位追求艾絲黛拉了。