Situation21: Meeting Bill
場景21:碰到比爾
(Mike and Nancy finish their laundry, and Mike leaves for home.
(麥克和南希(洗完衣服,麥克回家。
He meets Bill on the way.)
他在路上碰到比爾。)
Hey, Mike. Where are you going with that laundry in your hand?
嘿,麥克。你手上拿洗好的衣服要去哪?
What's up, Bill?
有什么事,比爾?
Nothing much. I just left that girl I met at the party.
沒什么。我剛和昨天在晚會上遇到的那個女孩說再見。
But it's three thirty.Have you been together since last night?
但現在是三點三十;你們從昨晚一直呆在一起?
Yep.
是。
Your dog.
你這卑鄙的家伙。
No, it's not what you think.
不,不象你想的那樣。
She's a really nice girl and we just sat up and talked all night.
她真的是一個漂亮的女孩我們只不過呆在一起說了整晚上的話。
I thought you didn't want to meet a nice girl.
我認為你不想遇到一個漂亮的女孩。
Actually, I didn't at first.
事實上,我不是第一次。
But once I started talking with her. It was different.
但一旦我開始和她談話就不同了。
This is not like you. What was so different?
這不像你。有什么不一樣?
She's intelligent and funny and……
她很聰明,有趣還有……
(Bill stops and thinks without saying anything.)
(比爾沒有說話停下來思考。)
And what?
還有什么?
And beautiful.
還有漂亮。
You sound like you're in love.
聽你說好像你戀愛了。
I think I am.
我想我是吧。
But I thought you didn't believe in love at first sight.
但我認為你不會相信一見鐘情。
I didn't before last night, but now I'm not so sure.
昨晚以前我沒有,但現在我不保證。
Wow, of all my friend you are the last person I expected to be saying this.
噢,在我所以的朋友之中,你是我期待的最后一個說這話的人。
I'm surprised too, but it's all true. What can I say?
我也奇怪,但都是真的。我能說什么?
You don't have to say anything. I think it's great.
你沒有必要說任何話。我認為這很好。
But I have to run. My laundry is going to get wrinkled.
但我必須得走了。我的衣服快起皺了。
What? I may be in love for the first time in my life
什么?我可能開始我生命中第一次戀愛
and you're worried about your laundry!?
而你只擔心你的衣服!?
Sorry. Hey, why don't you come to my room and we can talk about it there?
對不起。嘿,你為什么不去我的宿舍那樣我們可以接著談?
That's a great idea. Let's go.
是個好主意。我們走吧。