You shall have some,Pip,said Joe kindly.
你也會有一份肉餅,匹普,喬和藹地說。
I knew what would happen next.
我料到下一步會發生什么事情,
I could not sit there any longer.
我不能在這兒繼續坐下去了,
I jumped down from the table,and ran out of the room.
我從椅子上跳下來,拔腿跑出了屋外。
But at the front door I ran straight into a group of soldiers.
但是,在前門口,我直奔入一隊士兵里。
Mrs Joe was saying as she came out of the kitchen,The pie-has-gone!but stopped when she saw the soldiers.
當喬夫人從廚房里出來時,嘴里正在叨咕,肉餅——不翼而飛!可是,當她看到士兵們時,閉上了嘴。
Excuse me,ladies and gentlemen,said the officer in charge.I'm here in the King's name,and I want the black-smith.
對不起,女士們、先生們,那個負責的軍官說,我在這里以國王的名義,要找鐵匠。
And why do you want him?said my sister crossly.
你們找他干嗎?我姐姐不高興地問。
Madam,replied the officer Politely,speaking for myself,I'd like the pleasure of meeting his fine wife.
夫人,軍官客氣地說,就我自己而言,我樂意見到他美麗的妻子,
Speaking for the King,I'd like him to repair these handcuffs.
要是就國王而言,我樂意他修理加固這些手銬。
Ah,very good,very good! said Mr Pumblechook,clap-ping.
噢,很好,很好!潘波趣先生拍著手說。
The soldiers waited in the kitchen while Joe lit the forge fire and started work.
士兵們在廚房等候,而喬生上爐火,開始干活。
I began to feel better now that everyone had forgotten the missing pie.
我漸漸地不害怕了,大家都把丟肉餅的事拋到腦后去了。
How far are we from the marshes?asked the officer.
我們從這里到沼澤地有多遠?軍官問。
About a mile,replied Mrs Joe.
大約1英里,喬夫人回答。
That's good.We'll catch them before it's dark.
那不太遠,我們將在天黑前抓到他們。
Convicts,officer?asked Mr Wopsle.
逃犯,軍官?伍甫賽先生問。
Yes,two escaped convicts out on the marshes.Has anyone here seen them?
是的,有兩個逃犯還躲在沼澤地里,有誰見過他們的蹤跡嗎?
The others all shook their heads.Nobody asked me.
其他的人都搖搖頭,幸虧沒有人問我。
When the handcuffs were ready,Joe suggested we should go with the soldiers,and as Mrs Joe was curious to know what happened,she agreed.
當手銬準備就緒,喬提議我們跟著這些官兵一起去,喬夫人好奇地想知道發生了什么事情,所以她同意了。
So Joe,Mr wopsle and I walked behind the men through the village and out on to the marshes.
因此,喬、伍甫賽先生和我走在隊伍的后面,穿過村莊向沼澤地開進。

關于《遠大前程》
在一個郝維辛小姐的親戚家接受教育,并加入了一個愚蠢的俱樂部,并且堅持每星期去看望他喜愛的埃·斯黛拉,并沉湎于她的美色和謊言,并妒嫉一個和埃·斯黛拉來往密切的猥瑣齷齪的富有的鄉紳士,從而開始了他的交際活動。