And then, too soon, he released me.
然后他放開了我,有點太快了。
His eyes were peaceful.
他的眼睛非常平和。
"It won't be so hard again," he said with satisfaction.
“這不會再那么難了?!彼麧M意地說道。
"Was that very hard for you?"
“這曾經對你來說很難嗎?”
"Not nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. And you?"
“情況還沒有我想象中的那么壞。你呢?”
"No, it wasn't bad… for me."
“不,這不壞……對我來說?!?/p>
He smiled at my inflection. "You know what I mean."
我的聲音有些變調,他不禁笑了起來:“你知道我指的是什么?!?/p>
I smiled.
我笑了。
"Here." He took my hand and placed it against his cheek. "Do you feel how warm it is?"
“這里?!彼闷鹞业氖?,放到他的臉頰上。“你感覺到這里有多么溫暖嗎?”
And it was almost warm, his usually icy skin. But I barely noticed, for I was touching his face, something I'd dreamed of constantly since the first day I'd seen him.
和他平常冰冷的肌膚相比,確實可以稱得上是溫暖。但我幾乎沒有注意到,因為我正在觸碰著他的臉,這是從我第一天見到他起就一直夢寐以求的事。
"Don't move," I whispered.
“別動?!蔽叶Z道。
No one could be still like Edward. He closed his eyes and became as immobile as stone, a carving under my hand.
沒人能像愛德華這樣靜止不動。他閉上眼睛,像石頭一樣巋然不動,變成了我手中的一尊雕像。
I moved even more slowly than he had, careful not to make one unexpected move. I caressed his cheek, delicately stroked his eyelid, the purple shadow in the hollow under his eye. I traced the shape of his perfect nose, and then, so carefully, his flawless lips. His lips parted under my hand, and I could feel his cool breath on my fingertips. I wanted to lean in, to inhale the scent of him. So I dropped my hand and leaned away, not wanting to push him too far.
我的動作甚至比他還要緩慢,小心翼翼地不做半個多余的動作。我愛撫著他的臉頰,優雅地撫過他的眼瞼,他眼窩下淡紫色的陰影。我描摹著他完美的鼻子的形狀,然后,那么仔細地,描著他完美無瑕的嘴唇。他的嘴唇在我的手下半張著,我能感覺到他冰冷的呼吸拂過我的指尖。我想要靠過去,輕嗅他身上的香味。所以我放下手,側過身子,等不及把他推開些。
《暮光之城》
與圖書題目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列別具匠心的封面設計則很好地傳達出了每本書內在的深遠寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅爾指出《暮色》封面上的蘋果代表“創世紀” 內善惡樹上的禁果。象征貝拉和愛德華之間人類與吸血鬼禁忌的愛戀。在書的開頭引用了“創世紀”217頁的內容:“只是分別善惡樹上的果子,你不可吃,因為你吃的日子必定死。”這同時也代表了貝拉如何分辨善惡——選擇是否吃下那顆禁忌的果實,這比喻了選擇跟愛德華在一起或遠離他。