Situation10: Calling for Directions
場景10:打電話問地址
(Mike calls Sarah's sorority to get direction to the party
(Mike打電話給Sarah的女生會問去參加晚會的地址。)
Hello, may I speak with Sarah, please?
喂,請找一下Sarah,好嗎?
Sarah's not here. Can I take a message?
Sarah不在。我可以帶個口信嗎?
No, no message.
不了,沒有口信。
I was just calling for directions to the party tonight.
我只是想問今晚開晚會的地址。
Do you know where it is?
你知道在哪嗎?
Sure, I'm going too.
當然,我也去
It's in the grand ballroom of the Hyatt Hotel.
在Hyatt賓館的豪華舞廳。
And what's the best way to get there from school?
從學校去那最好是哪條路?
Will you be driving?
你要開車嗎?
Well, I won't, but my friend Bill has a car, and my roommate and I will be going with him.
我不開,但是我的朋友Bill有車,我的室友和我將和他一起去。
Okay, it's really easy.
好的,那就簡單了。
Just go straight down Main Street heading toward downtown.
只要直走主街道到商業區。
Then turn right on Brattle Street, you know where Barttle is, right?
然后在Brattle街向右拐,你知道Barttle街在哪,是嗎?
Yeah, isn't there a Gap clothing store on the corner?
是的,那是不是有家個性服飾店在拐角的地方?
Right. And from there just go down about four blocks and the Hyatt is on the corner of Barttle and Kearney Street.
對。從那里只要一直走四個區,Hyatt就在Barttle和Kearney街道的拐角處
And the grand ballroom is on the second floor. Did you get all that?
并且豪華舞廳在二樓。你都記下來了嗎?
Got it. Anything else I should know?
記下來了。還有沒有我應該知道的?
No, just be there a little early or all the good food will be gone.
沒有,你只要早點去那否則所有的好吃的都會沒有的。
Okay, we'll be there at eight o'clock sharp.
好的,我們會整八點到那。
Fine, but the party starts at seven.
好,可是晚會七點開始。
That's right. I forgot.
對,我忘了。
We'll be there no later than quarter after seven, okay?
我們會不遲于七點一刻到那,好嗎?
Great. See you then.
太好了。那再見。
See you then. Bye.
再見