A Day in the life of a Typical American White Collar Worker
一個典型的美國白領階層的生活中的一天
Situation 15: Back at Home
場景15: 回到家里
Wow, you're home early.
噢,你回來很早。
It's only eight forty-five.
現在才八點四十五。
Yeah, it was a strange day at the office.
是啊,今天是奇怪的一天
Why? Did your presentation go poorly?
怎么?難道你的陳述不成功?
No, nothing like that.
不,才不會那樣。
In fact, it went really well.
實際上,進行的很順利。
It's just that I had some trouble with a colleague.
只是我和同事之間有點問題。
Who?
誰?
Do you remember Steve Dawson?
你記得
let me seen,Didn't I meet him at the Chrismas party?
我是不是在圣誕晚會上碰到過他?
Yes, that's him.
是的,就是他。
That's right, I told you to be careful when working with him.
那就對了,我告訴過你跟他一起工作的時候要小心。
He seemed so aggressive. What did he do?
他好像有點好斗。他做什么了?
Oh, nothing really.
哦,真的沒有什么
I just thought we were supposed to be working together, .
我只是想和他合作,
but he seemed to be working against me
但是他好像和我作對
I told you to watch out for him. I remember I said……
我告訴過你要擔心他。我記得我說過…
(cuting her off.) Yes, you told me.
(打斷她)是的,你告訴過我。
But I don't want to talk about it now.
但我現在不想說了。
Tomorrow is Saturday and I just want to rest.
明天是星期六我只想休息一下。
Besides, we haven't had much time together either.
再說,我們也沒好長時間在一起。
How was your day?
你今天過得怎樣?
The same as always.
和以前一樣。
I like teaching but sometimes the children are so wild.
我喜歡教書可是有時候孩子們太調皮。
But they love you and need you just like me.
但是他們還是喜歡你和需要你就像我一樣。
Oh, stop.
哦,閉嘴。
And, anyway, I don't want to talk about my day either. Have you eaten?
無論怎樣,我也不想說我的一天。你吃飯了嗎?
Not since lunch. You?
自午飯就沒吃。你呢?
I was waiting for you.
我在等你呀
I thought you might be home early.
我知道你可能很早回家。
Great. What do you want?
好。你想要吃什么?
Let's order some Chinese food.
我們預定一些中國食物吧。
I feel like staying at home and watching a video.
我想呆在家里并看電視。
Perfect.
好極了。