Situation 14: At Home
場景 14: 在家里
(After school, Kevin goes home to drop off his books before the football game and the party.
(放學后,柯文在球賽和晚會開始前放書。
At home his mom asks him about his day.)
在家里他的媽媽問他今天的情況。)
Kevin, why don't you tell me about your day?
柯文,你為什么不告訴我你今天的情況呢?
Mom, I had a great day today.
媽媽,我今天過的很好。
Really? Why don't you tell me about it?
真的?你為什么不告訴我有關的事呢?
Okay.
好的。
First I had a really good talk with Barry this morning.
早上我和芭雷好好的談了一下。
Really? What did you talk about?
真的?你們談了些什么?
Nothing special, it was just good.
沒什么特別,只是很好。
Well that's great. What about school?
那很好.學校呢?
School was great too.
學校也很好。
I met Karen and she said she would go to the party with me tonight.
我碰見了卡倫,她說她今晚會和我一起去晚會。
What about Barry?
芭雷呢?
I thought you were going with him.
我以為你會和他一起去。
I was, but then I decided to go with Karen.
本來是,但后來我決定和卡倫一起去。
You should be careful.
你要小心一些。
If you make a promise, you should keep it.
如果你保證了,你就要遵守。
And Barry has been your friend for ten years,
芭雷和你已經是10年的朋友了,
but you've only known Karen a little while.
但是你剛剛才認識卡倫。
Good friends are very important.
好朋友是很重要的。
I know. I feel bad, but....
我知道,我很抱歉,但是....
Well, what else did you do today?
恩,今天你還做了些什么?
In English class we learned all about college.
英語課我們學了關于大學的東西。
I thought you said you only liked rock music and you weren't going to college.
我記得你說過你只喜歡搖滾樂,不想上大學。
I know, but my English teacher, Mr.Gomez,
我知道,但是我的英語老師,高蒙老師,
told me how cool college was so now I'm thinking about going.
告訴我大學很棒,因此我打算上了。
That's wonderful. Tell Mr.Gomez thank you for me.
那太好了.替我謝謝高蒙老師。
I will.
我會的。
Oh, look what time it is.
哦,看看幾點鐘了。
It's almost five o'clock.
已經5:00了。
The news will be on television soon.
新聞就要開始了。
Let's watch it together.
我們一起去看吧。
(Kevin looks disappointed.)
(柯文看起來很失望。)
Do I have to?
我必須去嗎?
You don't have to, but you should.
你不是必須,而是應該。
Okay.
好的。
That's a good boy.
好孩子。