Situation 15: Television News
場景 15: 電視新聞
(Kevin's mother turns on the television to get ready to watch the news.)
(柯文的媽媽打開電視機準備看電視。)
Kevin, be quite the news is on.
柯文, 新聞開始了,安靜一點。
Okay.
好的。
(Kevin sits down on the sofa next to his mother.
(柯文坐在沙發上,靠在他媽媽旁邊。
Just then, Kevin's sister, Mary, comes home.
就在那時,柯文的姐姐,瑪蕾,回家了。
She comes into the living room and watches the news too.)
她來到臥室,也一起看新聞。)
Mom, I don't know why you like the news.
媽媽,我不知道你為什么喜歡新聞。
It's the same every day.
每天都是一樣的。
Every day there is some crime, fire, and floods.
每天都有犯罪,火災和洪水。
There is never any good news.
從來沒有好消息。
Mary, be quiet.
瑪蕾,安靜。
I'm trying to watch this.
我想看看這個。
I know there is some bad news,
我知道有一些壞消息,
but it is important that we know what is happening in the world.
但是我們知道世界上發生了什么是很重要的。
Yeah, Mary, mom is right.
是的,瑪蕾,媽媽是對的。
It is important that we know about the world.
我們了解地球是很重要的。
Why are you so stupid?
你為什么這么愚蠢呢?
Be quiet, Kevin.
安靜,柯文。
I'm a lot smarter than you are.
我比你聰明多了。
No you're not.
不,你不是。
You're just older, not smarter.
你只是比我大,并不比我聰明。
You are both smart.
你們都很聰明。
And you both have to be quiet, the news is on.
你們倆都安靜,新聞開始了。
Okay, but can we watch something else later?
好的,但是我們呆會兒能看別的嗎?
Yes. Now let's be quiet and watch the news.
是的.現在我們安靜看新聞吧。
Don't worry about me mom.
不用擔心我媽媽。
I won't be here.
我不會在這兒。
I'll be at the game and the party.
我會去看球賽,參加晚會。
But Mary won't, she's too ugly.
但是瑪蕾不會;她太討厭了。
Shut up.
閉嘴。
I said be quite, both of you.
我說安靜,你們兩個。
I'm going. Bye mom.
我走了。再見媽媽。
Bye, Kevin.
再見,柯文。
Remember to be home by midnight.
記得午夜回家。
No, dad said I could come home at twelve-thirty.
不,爸爸說我可以12:30回家。
Well then, be home by twelve-thirty.
那么,12:30回家。
Your father and I will be waiting.
你爸爸和我會等你的。
I will. Bye again.
我會的.再見。