Suddenly,Meg saw Laurie across the room.
突然,麥格看見了屋子那頭的羅瑞。
He was staring at her,and he didnt look very pleased.
他正盯著她瞧,看上去不太高興。
Meg began to feel uncomfortable,and she wished that she had worn her old dress.
麥格開始感到很不舒服,她希望她穿的是自己的舊衣服,
As she walked up to Laurie,she saw Belle and Annie watching them both and smiling.
她朝羅瑞走過去,她看見白拉和安妮看著他倆在笑。
Im glad you came,Meg said to Laurie,in her most grown-up voice.
我很高興你來了,麥格盡量用成熟的聲音對羅瑞說,
I was afraid you wouldnt.
我以為你不會來呢。
Jo wanted me to come and tell her how you looked,said Laurie.
瓊讓我來的,她讓我告訴她你看上去怎么樣,羅瑞說。
What will you tell her?
那你會怎樣告訴她?
I'll say I didnt know you,because you look so unlike yourself.
我會告訴她我不認識你,因為你看上去不像你自己。
I'm quite afraid of you,he said.
我很怕你,他說。
The girls dressed me up for fun,said Meg.Dont you like it?
那些姑娘把我打扮成這樣玩兒的,麥格說,你不喜歡嗎?
No,I dont,came the cool reply.
不,我不喜歡,回答是冷冷的。
Meg became angry.Then I shan't stay with you!
麥格感到很生氣。那我就不跟你在一起了!
And she walked off towards the window.
她隨后朝窗戶走去。
A moment or two later,an older man went past her and she heard him say to his friend,That girl has been dressed up like a doll.
一兩分鐘之后,一個年長些的紳士從她身邊走過,她聽見他對他的朋友說:那個女孩被打扮得像個玩具娃娃。
Oh dear,thought Meg.Why didn't I wear my own things?
噢,天哪,麥格想,我為什么不穿我自己的衣服?

關于《小婦人》
她為了幫助家庭、愛好自由,故終身不嫁,《小婦人》中的主角喬,即以她本人為藍本。