I shall ask young Laurence to come,and well have some fun with her afterwards.
我會請小勞倫斯來,然后我們再跟她逗趣。
Meg tried to forget what shed heard,but could not.
麥格試圖忘記她所聽到的話,可是不行。
The gossip made her angry,and she was glad when the party was over and she was alone in her bed.
那些閑言碎語使她很生氣,所以晚會結束、她獨自躺到床上時她很不高興。
She cried quietly to herself.Why did people have to say those things?
她靜靜地哭了。人們為什么要那么說呢?
She and Laurie were just friends,but now that friendship felt damaged by the unkind gossip.
她和羅瑞只是朋友,現在那份友誼像是要被那些不友好的閑話毀了。
The next day,Miss Belle said,Meg,dear,weve sent an invitation to your friend,Mr Laurence,for Thursday.
第二天,白拉小姐說:麥格,親愛的,我們給你的朋友勞倫斯先生發了份邀請,請他參加星期四的舞會。
Meg pretended to misunderstand.Youre very kind,but Im afraid he wont come.
麥格假裝誤會了:你們真好,可我想他不會來的。
He's nearly seventy.
他都快70歲了。
Miss Belle laughed.I mean the young man.
白拉小姐笑了。我是說那個年輕的先生。
There isnt one,said Meg.Laurie is only a boy.
沒有年輕的先生,麥格說,勞瑞還是個孩子。
Isnt he about your age?said Clara.
他不是和你差不多大嗎?克拉拉問。
Nearer Jos,said Meg.Im seventeen in August.
他離瓊更近些。麥格說。我八月份就17歲了。
Its nice of him to send you flowers,said Annie.
他送你花真好,安妮說。
He often does,to all of us,said Meg.My mother and old Mr Laurence are friends,you know.
他經常這樣,給我們大家都送,麥格說。你們知道,我媽媽和老勞倫斯先生是朋友。

關于《小婦人》
作者一八三二年生于美國賓夕法尼亞的一個貧寒家庭。父親A·布朗生·奧爾科特是一個不得志的哲學家和教育家,他立志辦學,但缺乏支持者,以失敗告終。