Situation 7: First Period
場景 7: 第一課
(Robert's first period of the day is English class.His teacher is Mr.Hubbard.)
(羅勃特今天的第一課是英語課.他的老師是哈貝得先生.)
Good morning, class.
早上好,同學們.
Good morning, Mr.Hubbard.
早上好,哈貝得先生.
Did all of you have a fun weekend?
你們周末過的愉快嗎?
How about you Robert, how was your weekend?
你呢羅勃特,你周末過的怎么樣?
It was pretty good.
非常好.
Robert, this is an English language class. Please speak a little more.
羅勃特,這是英語語言課.說多一些.
Tell us all about what you did on Saturday and Sunday.
告訴我們你星期六和星期天干了些什么.
Let's see. On Saturday I went out to dinner.
讓我想想.星期六我出去野餐了.
(Robert stops and doesn't say anything more.)
(羅勃特停了下來,不再說話.)
Will you tell the class and me where you went out to dinner and what you ate?
你能告訴我和同學們你去哪野餐,都吃了些什么嗎?
Yes. I went to T.G.I.Friday's with my parents and my friend Tommy.
好.我和父母還有我的朋友湯米去了星期五俱樂部.
I had a steak with french fries and Tommy had spaghetti.
我吃了一份法式炸肉,湯米吃了一份意大利式面條.
After dinner we both had a big bowl of ice cream for dessert.
飯后我們的甜點是一大杯冰激凌.
And then we played video games. And then....
然后我們玩電視游戲.然后....
(Mr.Hubbard thinks that Robert will never stop talking and so stops him.)
(哈貝得先生覺得羅勃特不會停止講,所以他阻止了他.)
Thank you, Robert. That is enough.
謝謝你,羅勃特.已經夠了.
But I thought you wanted to hear everything.
但是我以為你想聽所有的事.
I have a lot more to tell you.
我還有許多想要告訴你.
No, that will be fine.
不,那就行了.
Class, please open your books to page fifty-six. Today we are going to talk about....
同學們,請把書翻開到56頁,我們今天要講......
(Robert interrupts Mr.Hubbard.)
(羅勃特打斷了哈貝得先生.)
But Mr.Hubbard, I still have a lot to say.
但是哈貝得先生,我仍然有許多要說.
Good. Then you can tell me what you thought of the story on page fifty-six.
好的.那么你可以告訴我你對56頁上的故事的看法嗎?
I didn't read it. I was busy.
我沒有看過.我很忙.
Busy? Busy eating ice cream?
忙?忙著吃冰激凌?
No, busy practing basketball. I'm on the team.
不,忙著練球.我參加了籃球隊.
I don't care. All I care about is if you do your English homework or not.
我不管.我關心的只是你們是否做你們的英語作業.
I think I'll have to call your parents.
我想我要給你的父母打個電話.
No, please don't.
不,請不要這樣做.
Why not?
為什么不?
I promised my parents I would get good grades if they let me play basketball.
我向父母保證過如果他們讓我打籃球我就會考好成績的.
Well then you will have to study hard or I will call them next time.
那你就要努力學習,要不然我就會打電話給他們.
Thank you so much. I will study hard, I promise.
非常感謝你.我會努力學習的,我保證.