Situation 5: On the School Bus
場景 5: 在校車上
(Robert goes outside and catches the bus. His friend Billy is already on the bus.)
羅勃特(出門后搭上了車.他的朋友比利也在車上.)
Hey, Billy, what's up?
嗨,比利,你好啊?
Hey, Bobby. How are you?
嗨, 波比.你好.
My name is Robert, not Bobby.
我的名字是羅勃特,不是波比.
And my name is William, but everybody calls me Billy.
我的名字叫威廉,但是所有的人都叫我比利.
Well, that's you, not me. Please call me Robert from now on.
那是你,不是我.從現在起請叫我羅勃特.
Okay, Bob.
好的,波比.
Very funny. I'm going to start calling you William.
真有意思.我想開始叫你威廉.
No, I hate that name. I promise to call you Robert,if you promise not to call me William.
不,我討厭那個名字.如果你保證不再叫我威廉,我保證叫你羅勃特,
I promise. You see how easy that was.
我保證.你瞧那是很容易的.
Hey, are you going to pratice today?
嘿,你今天打算鍛練嗎?
Pratice? What pratice?
鍛煉?什么鍛煉?
Basketball pratice, of course.
當然是籃球鍛煉.
I almost forgot. Yeah, I'm going.
我幾乎忘了.是的,我會.
What about you? Did your dad give you permission?
你呢?你爸爸允許你了嗎?
Yep. Can you believe it? The old man is not so bad.
是啊.你能相信嗎?老年人也不是很壞.
I think your dad is really cool.
你的父親真好.
He's way better than my dad.
他比我父親好多了.
That's what you think, but it's not me.
那是你的想法,不是我的.
He only wants me to study, but my mom helped me so now I can play sports too.
他只希望我學習,但是我媽媽幫助了我,所以我現在能參加體育運動了.
What about your grades?
你的成績怎么樣?
I promise that I would get good grades.
我保證我會有好成績的.
What if you don't?
如果你沒有呢?
If don't, then I have to quit the basketball team.
如果沒有,那么我就要退出籃球隊.
I know you'll be studing hard this year.
我知道你今年會努力學習的.
Yes, I will. I like basketball enough to make me want to study hard.
是的,我會的.對籃球的熱愛足以讓我好好學習.
Yeah, school is not so bad if you can both study and play.
是的,如果你能又玩又學的話,學校也不是很壞.