Situation 3: Talking to Dad
場景 3: 與父親談話
Robert's dad comes downstairs and joins Robert and his mom at the table.
(羅勃特的爸爸下樓來加入羅勃特和他媽媽吃早餐.)
Good morning, dear.
早上好,親愛的.
Good morning, dad.
早上好,爸爸.
Good morning, you two. What were you just talking about?
早上好,二位.你們剛剛在談什么?
Nothing.
沒什么.
Robert, tell your father what you just told me.
羅勃特,告訴你父親你剛才跟我所說的話.
What's that,Robert?
是什么,羅勃特?
Well, it's really nothing,
好吧,其實真的沒什么,
but I am playing a little basketball after school these days.
就是這幾天放學后我打了一下籃球.
Robert, it's more than just a little basketball.
羅勃特,那可不是一會兒.
Which is it, a little or more?
到底是多還是少?
Dad, I'm on the basketball team. Isn't that great?
爸爸,我參加了籃球隊.是不是很棒啊?
I'm not sure.
我不知道.
You know how I feel about you playing sports and not studying?
你知道我對你參加運動不學習是什么感覺嗎?
But I am studying dad, I promise.
但是我學習了,爸爸,我保證.
I still don't like the idea of you playing when you should be doing schoolwork.
我仍然不喜歡你在你應該做作業的時候去玩.
But I can do both. I can play sports and do my schoolwork.
我能兼顧二者.我能參加運動和做作業.
Are you sure?
你確定嗎?
Yes.
是的.
What do you think, dear?
你怎么認為,親愛的?
I think we should give him a chance.
我想我們應該給他一個機會.
If he can keep good grades in school while playing basketball, then we should let him play.
如果他在學校能保持好成績,我們就應該讓他玩.
But if his grades are bad, he will have to quit the team.
但是如果他的成績差了,他就必須離開那個隊.
Yeah, dad, that's fair.
噢,爸爸,那很公平.
Well, it sounds okay. Let's give it a try.
恩,聽起來不錯.那我么就試一試吧.
But if you don't do your schoolwork, you're off the team. Do you understand?
但是如果你不做你的作業,你就要離開那個隊.你明白嗎?
Yes. Thanks mom. You're great.
是的.謝謝媽媽.你真好.
Your father said yes, too.
你爸爸也答應了呀.
Oh, yeah.Thanks dad.
哦,是的.謝謝爸爸.
Robert, you had better go.
羅勃特,你要走了.
You'll be late for your bus.
你快趕不上車了.
Okay, I'm going. Thanks for breakfast.
好的,我走了.謝謝你準備的早餐.
Hurry up.
快點.
bye.
再見.
Bye. See you tonight.
晚上見.