Situation 2: Breakfast
場景 2: 早餐
(Coming downstairs and sitting at the table)
(下樓來并坐在餐桌旁)
Mom, breakfast smells great. What is it?
媽媽,早餐聞起來好香啊.是什么?
It's waffles,just like you wanted.
雞蛋餅,正是你想要的.
Thanks, mom. You're the best.
謝謝.你是最好的媽媽.
Yes, but only when I make what you want to eat.
是的,但只是我給你做你想吃的東西時.
Mom,you know that's not true.
媽媽,你知道那不是真的.
I know.I was only joking.
我知道.我是開玩笑的.
I also made you some sausage and orange juice.
我還給你做了一些香腸和橘汁.
Perfect. How did you know sausage and waffles were my favorite?
好極了.你怎么知道香腸和雞蛋餅是我的最愛?
Robert,I'm your mother.I know everything about you.
羅勃特 ,我是你媽媽.我知道你的一切.
Not everything.
不是所有的事.
Oh,really? What don't I know?
哦,是嗎?什么我不知道?
Well, you don't know I am on the basketball team at school.
恩,你不知道我參加了學校的籃球隊.
The what?
什么?
The basketball team. I'm on the team and I am playing forward.
籃球隊.我參加了籃球隊而且我是前鋒.
Does your father know about this?
你父親知道這件事嗎?
No. And he doesn't have to know.
不知道.而且他也沒有必要知道.
If you don't tell him....
如果你不告訴他的話....
Robert, you know I have to tell him.
羅勃特,你知道我必須告訴他.
He's your father.
他是你爸爸.
Yeah,but mom you know he won't understand.
好吧,但是媽媽你知道他是不會明白的.
Yes, he will.You just have to explain it to him.
他會的.你只要向他解釋一下.
No, he won't. He just wants me to study.
不,他不會.他只想讓我學習.
He doesn't like sports at all.
他根本不喜歡運動.
Yes he does. He plays golf.
不,他喜歡.他打高爾夫球.
Mom, golf is not a sport. It is a game for old people.
媽媽,高爾夫不是體育運動.它是老年人的游戲.
Be careful. I play golf, too.
小心點.我也打高爾夫球.
I know. I just mean it's not a sport like basketball.
我知道.我的意思是它不是象籃球那樣的運動.
Oh, here comes your father now. We'll tell him.
哦,你爸爸來了.我們告訴他.
Do we have to?
一定要嗎?
Yes.
是的.