Gan I help?said Laurie.He had a cup of coffee in one hand and a plate with a cake on it in the other.
我能幫忙嗎?羅瑞說。他一只手端著一杯咖啡,另一只手舉著一個盤子,上面放著一塊蛋糕。
I was trying to get something for Meg,said Jo.
我正給麥格找點吃的,瓊說。
And I was looking for someone to give this to, he said.
我正找人要把這些吃的送出去,羅瑞說。
He fetched more coffee and a cake for Jo,
他又替瓊取了一些咖啡和一塊蛋糕,
then the three of them had a happy time talking together until Hannah arrived.
然后三個人一起聊天,度過了一段愉快的時光,直到海娜來了。
Meg completely forgot about her foot and stood up quickly.
麥格早已完全忘了她腳疼的事,很快站了起來。
She cried out with pain,and when Laurle saw that she could not walk,
她痛苦地喊叫了一聲。羅瑞看到她不能走路,
he immediately offered to take them home in his grandfathers carriage.
就立即邀請她們一起坐他祖父的馬車回家。
But you cant want to go home yet,said Jo.
可你還不想回家呢,瓊說。
I always go early,said Laurie.
我一向走得很早,羅瑞回答。
He sat with the driver, and the two girls sat with Hannah inside the carriage and talked excitedly about the party.
他坐在車夫旁邊,兩個女孩和海娜坐在馬車里面,興奮地談論舞會的情況。
I had a wonderful time,did you? said Jo.
我玩得棒極了,你呢?瓊說。
Yes,until I hurt myself,said Meg.
我也是,直到我受了傷,麥格說,
Salies friend,Annie Moffat,has asked me to go and stay with her for a week in the spring, when Sallie does.
薩麗的朋友安妮·墨菲請我春天到她那兒住一個星期,薩麗也去。
Jo told Meg her adventures,and then they were home.
瓊給麥格講述她的經歷,然后她們就到家了。
They thanked Laurie and went quietly into the house,hoping to wake no one.
她們感謝了羅瑞,就悄悄地走進家門,不想驚醒任何人。
But as soon as they opened their bedroom door,two little voices cried out:
然而當她們一推開臥室的門,兩個小小的聲音就叫起來:
Tell us about the party!Tell us about the party!
快給我們講講舞會的事!快給我們講講舞會的事!

關于《小婦人》
馬奇家四姐妹對自立的權力的追求以及她們對家庭的忠誠眷顧構成了一貫全書的矛盾,使故事熠熠生輝,情節生動感人。