She had not seen the Laurence boy lately and wondered if he was away,
她后來一直沒有見到勞倫斯家的男孩,她懷疑他已經走了,
but suddenly she saw him looking out of an upstairs window.
可突然間,她見到他正從樓上的一扇窗戶朝外張望。
She threw up a handful of soft show and called out,Are you ill?
她向上扔了一把松軟的雪,喊道:你是病了嗎?
Laurie opened the windowm almost better, thank you,he said.Ive had a bad cold.
羅瑞打開窗戶。我好多了,謝謝,他說。我得了重感冒。
What do you find to do?said Jo.
你都做些什么?瓊問。
Nothing,he said.They won't let me.
什么都不做,他回答。他們不讓我做。
Why don't you get someone to come and see you?
你為什么不讓別人去看你呢?
I don't know anyone.
我誰也不認識。
You know us,said Jo.
你認識我們啊,瓊道。
So I do!laughed Laurie.Will you come,please?
那當然!羅瑞笑了。你愿意來嗎?
I'll come if Mother will let me.I'll go and ask her.
如果媽媽同意我就來。我去問她。
Shut the window and wait until I come.
關上窗戶等著我。
Laurie was excited and began to get ready for Jos visit.
羅瑞很興奮,開始為瓊的來訪做準備
He brushed his hair and tried to make his room tidy.
。他梳了頭,盡量把他的房屋弄整齊。
Soon after,he heard voices downstairs,
過了不久,他聽到樓下有動靜,
then a surprised servant ran up to his room.
然后一個吃了一驚的仆人跑上他的房間。
Theres a young lady to see you, sir,she said.
有位年輕的女士來看您,先生,她說。

關于《小婦人》
世界上已有數十種不同語言的譯本,30年代此書也風靡了中國大陸,先后有四、五種不同的譯文問世。