Jo smiled.All right,she said.Thank you.
瓊笑了。好吧,她說,謝謝。
When the music stopped, they sat down and began to talk,but Jo saw Meg waving at her.
音樂停下的時候,他們坐下來開始聊天,可瓊看見麥格在向她招手。
She went over and followed her sister into a side room.
她走過去,隨姐姐走進旁邊的一個房間。
I've turned my foot over and hurt my ankle,said Meg.
我的腳轉得太多,腳踝都疼了,麥格說,
I can't walk on it,and I dont know how Im going to get home.
我都不能走路了,真不知道該怎么回家。
I'm not surprised you turned your foot over in those stupid high shoes,said Jo.
你穿著那雙蠢笨的高跟鞋,跳得過度我一點也不吃驚,瓊說,
You'll have to get a carriage or stay here all night.
你得要一輛馬車,或者在這兒呆一晚上。
A carriage will cost a lot.said Meg,and I cant stay here for the night because the house is full.
要輛馬車會花好多錢,麥格說。我也不能在這兒呆一晚上,因為房間都住滿了。
I'll just rest until Hannah comes to fetch us,then do the best I can.
我只好在海娜來接我們之前休息會兒,然后再想辦法。
They're going in for supper now,said Jo.I'll stay with you.
他們正進去吃晚飯,瓊說,我陪著你。
No,run and bring me some coffee, said Meg.
不,快去給我弄些咖啡來,麥格說。
Jo found the coffee, but immediately dropped some down the front of her dress.
瓊找到了咖啡,可馬上就灑到了裙子上。
She was cleaning it off with Megs glove when a friendly voice spoke to her.
她正用麥格的手套擦拭時聽到一個友好的聲音在跟她講話。
關于《小婦人》
美國人路易莎·奧爾科特的代表作《小婦人》是一部美國文學的經典著作,一本道德家世小說。