Yes,he said.She looks so fresh and quiet.
是的,他答道。她看上去那么清純和安靜。
This pleased Jo very much, and soon the two of them were talking easily,like old friends.
這讓瓊十分高興,不久他們倆就像老朋友一樣自如地交談起來。
I hear youre always studying hard,said Jo.
我聽說你學習很用功,瓊說,
Are you going to college soon?
那你不久要去讀大學嗎?
Not for a year or two,he said.Im sixteen next month,and I wont go before Im seventeen.
一兩年內不會,他回答。我下個月滿16歲,17歲以前我不會去。
I wish I was going to college,said Jo.
我真希望能上大學,瓊說。
I hate even the idea of it!said Laurie.
我一想到它就感到憎恨!羅瑞說。
Jo wanted to know why, but he looked so serious that instead of asking she said,Why dont you go and dance?
瓊想問為什么,可他看上去很嚴肅,瓊沒提問,而是說:你為什么不去跳舞?
I will if youll come too,be answered.
如果你也來我就跳,他回答。
I cant because— Jo stopped.
我不能,因為—,瓊欲言又止。
Because what?
因為什么?
You wont tell?
你不說出去嗎?
Never!
絕不會!
I ve a bad habit of standing near a fire,and I burn my dresses,said Jo.
我有個壞毛病,總是離火爐很近,結果把裙子燒了,瓊說,
I have to keep still so that no one will see the burn on this one.
我只好站直了,好讓人看不出這件衣服上的燒痕。
Laugh if you like.
想笑你就笑吧。
But Laurie didnt laugh.Never mind that,he said gently.Please come.
可羅瑞沒笑。沒關系,他輕柔地說,來吧。

關于《小婦人》
歌頌了家庭的倫理觀念和鄰里間的助人為樂,因此能歷久不衰,連續暢銷,還先后被改編成戲劇、拍成電影,在世界各地上映、演出。