Situation 8: At Mrs. Kim's House
情景8 在Kim的家里
All three of them get in Mrs. Kim's car and drive to her house.
他們?nèi)齻€進了的車,開車去她家。
Auntie, your house is very close to the airport.
姑媽,你的房子在機場的附近。
Yes, it only took twenty minutes to drive from the airport to your house.
是的,開車從機場到她家只要20分鐘。
Yes, it is very convenient to live close to the airport.
是的,住在機場附近真是太方便了。
Let's go inside and get something to eat.
讓我們進去吃一些東西。
That sounds great.
聽起來太好了。
I'm really hungry.
我是真的餓了。
(All three of them go into Mrs. Kim's house.)
他們?nèi)齻€都進了吉姆的家里。
What would you like to eat?
你喜歡吃什么?
I would like some kimch's chiger and rice.
我想要一些泡菜和米飯。
No, Dad.
不,爸爸。
We are in America.
我們在美國。
We should eat American food.
我們應該吃美國食物。
She is right.
她說對了。
You can eat rice and kimch'i every day in Korea.
在韓國你天天都可以吃米飯和泡菜。
How about eating some pizza?
吃比薩怎么樣?
But we can eat pizza every day in Korea, too.
但是我們在韓國每天也能吃比薩。
I know, but American pizza is different from Korean pizza.
我知道,但是美國比薩跟韓國的是不同的。
Why don't you try it?
為什么不試一下?
Yeah, Dad,
是的,爸爸。
I want to try American pizza.
我想試一下美國比薩。
All right, you win.
好,你贏了。
We'll try American pizza.
我們將試試美國比薩。
Thanks, Dad.
謝謝你,爸爸。
Jimmy will be coming home soon ,
吉米不久就要回了,
so we should order two large pizzas.
因此我們將定兩個大比薩。
Jimmy eats a lot.
吉米吃很多。
Who is Jimmy?
誰是吉米?
Jimmy is the American name of your cousin Jin-sok.
吉米是你表兄吉姆.索克勤克儉的美國名字。
Jin-sok is a good name.
吉姆.索克是一個好名字。
Why does he need an American name?
為什么他需要一個美國名字?
He doesn't need one,
他不必要一個。
but he wanted one.
但是他想要一個。
Dad, I want an American name, too.
爸爸,我也想一個美國名字。
No, your name is Su-mi.
不,你的名字是蘇米.
I gave you that name and you will use it.
我給了你那個名字,你將用它。
What about Sue?
舒怎么樣?
Sue is a good American name,
舒是一個好的美國名字,
and it sounds the same as the first half of Su-mi.
它聽起來跟蘇米的前一部分一樣。
Yeah, Dad, what about Sue?
是啊,爸爸,舒怎么樣?
Sue is okay,but when we go back to Korea,
舒可以。但是當我們回到韓國
you are Su-mi again.
你又是蘇米。
Okay.
行。