Situation 9: Walking in Los Angeles
情景9 步行在洛杉磯。
(Mr. Pak and Su-mi decide to go for a walk near Mrs.Kim's house.)
派克先生和蘇米決心在吉姆的房子附近步行。
Are you tired?
你累了嗎?
No, I feel fine.
不,我感覺很好。
What about you, Sue?
你呢,舒?
No, I'm not tired.
不,我不累。
Why do you ask?
為什么你要問?
Well, in front of our house there are many nice stores.
好,在我們的房子前面有一些漂亮的商店。
I thought you might want to take a walk and see some of them.
我想你應該想去散步,并看看他們。
Okay, that sounds fun.
行,聽起來有趣。
Do you want to go too, Sue?
舒你也想去嗎?
Of course I want to go.
我當然想去。
I love shopping.
我喜歡購物。
Well, I can't promise you whether you can buy anything or not.
好,我不能承諾你能買一些東西。
So it won't really be shopping.
你不可以買東西。
That's all right. I like window shopping, too.
那樣也行,我也喜歡購物櫥窗。
Okay, let's go .
行,讓我們走。
We'll come back in about thirty minutes.
我們可能30分鐘后回來。
Thirty minutes?
30分鐘?
All right. See you then.
行,待會兒見。
(Mr. Pak and Su-mi go out of the house
Pak先生和蘇米走出了房子
and go down the street to where there are many stores.)
來到了有很多的商店的街上。
Hey, there is a store that sells food and drinks.
嘿,有一個買食物和飲料的商店。
Can we go in?
我們能進嗎?
I am thirsty.
我渴了。
Yes, I'm thirsty, too.
行,我也渴了。
(Mr. Pak and Su-mi go into the store,
派克先生和蘇米走進了商店,
but they cannot find the milk.
但是他們不能找到牛奶,
Mr. Pak asks the man working at the store where it is.)
派克問在那個商店工作的人。
Excuse me,
對不起,
but where is the "milku"?
請問牛奶在哪兒?
I am sorry, what are you looking for?
對不起,你在找什么?
"Milku. "I want to know where the "milku" is.
牛奶,我想知道牛奶在那里。
I am very sorry,
非常對不起,
but I can't understand.
我聽不懂。
We are looking for some milk.
我們在找尋牛奶。
Oh, milk. Thank you.
哦,牛奶,謝謝你。
It is in the back of the store, next to the cheese and eggs.
在商店的后面,在干酪和雞蛋的附近。
Wow, Sue, your pronunciation is very good.
吖,舒,你的發音太好了。
That is the difference between the old and the new generation.
那就是老一代和新一代之間的不同。