Situation 3: Talking about the Vacation
情景3 談論假期
(Su-mi goes home and talks to her father about their vacation.)
蘇蜜回家后,和她的爸爸討論他們的假期。
Dad, I want to talk to you about our trip.
爸爸,我想和你談論我們的旅行。
Okay, what do you want to talk about?
行,你想討論什么?
I want to talk about where we will go.
我想討論我們將去哪里。
Well, my sister,your aunt,lives in Los Angeles.
好,我的姐姐,也就是你的姑媽,住在洛杉磯。
So I thought we would go there first.
因此,我想我們將先去那里。
Great!
太好了!
Then can we go to New York,
那么我們可以去紐約,
Boston and San Francisco?
波士頓和舊金山?
I don't know.
我不知道。
We will be there only for a week.
我們將僅僅只有一個星期。
And New York and Boston are very far from Los Angeles.
紐約和波士頓離洛杉磯很遠。
But I think we can go to San Francisco
但是我想我們能去舊金山。
Okay, what about Yellowstone Park and the Grand Canyon?
好,黃石國家公園和大峽谷,
Can we go there, too?
我們也去,怎么樣?
I don't know about Yellowstone,
我不了解黃石國家公園。
it's also very far.
它也是很遠。
But the Grand Canyon is pretty close to L.A,
但是那個大峽谷剛好接近洛杉磯。
so maybe we can go there.
因此我們可能去那兒。
That's great.
那是太好了。
I am going to see L.A.,San Francisco, and the Grand Canyon.
我打算去看洛杉磯,舊金山還有大峽谷。
I said "maybe".
我說只是可能。
I can't promise you anything.
我不能承諾任何事。
First,we have to go there
首先,我們必須去那兒
and ask your aunt about travelling inside the United States.
問你的姑媽關于在美國內旅游的事。
I know, Dad,
爸爸,我知道。
but I am still very happy and excited about this trip.
但是我仍然對這次旅行感到高興和興奮。
Good. I know we will have fun wherever we go .
好,我知道無論我們去那里,都會有有趣的事。
Yes, but we will have more fun if we go to more places.
是的,但是如果我們去更多地方將會有更多有趣的事。
That's true.
那是對的。
I will try my best to visit San Francisco and the Grand Canyon.
我將盡力去參觀舊金山和大峽谷。
Thanks , Dad.
謝謝你,爸爸。
You're the best.
你是最好的。
Will I still be the best if we only go to Los Angeles?
如果我們僅僅去洛杉磯,我是否還是最好的?
Of course.
當然。
You'll always be the best dad to me.
對我來說,你總是最好的爸爸。
And you will always be the prettiest daughter to me.
對我來說你也總是最可愛的女兒。