Well let Mother think were getting things for ourselves,and then surprise her,said Jo.
咱們讓媽媽覺得咱們在給自己買東西,然后讓她大吃一驚,瓊說。
Mrs March arrived home soon after. She took off her wet things and put on her warm slippers.
馬奇太太不久就回家了。她把濕衣服脫掉,換上暖和的拖鞋。
Meg made the tea,
麥格泡了茶,
Jo brought wood for the fire,Beth was quiet and busy,and Amy gave orders.
瓊給火爐拿來了木柴,白絲一聲不響地忙碌著,艾米在發號施令。
Ive got a letter from Father!cried Mrs March.
我拿到了爸爸的來信!馬奇太太喊道。
It was a letter to cheer them up,and the special message for the girls came at the end:
那是一封叫大家高興起來的信,信尾是特別寫給女孩子們的:
Give them all my love and a kiss.
替我向她們轉達我的愛和吻。
I think of them every day.
我每天都在想念她們,
I know they will be loving childrento you,and that when I come back,I will be prouder than ever of my little women.A tear dropped off the end of Jos nose.
我知道她們會成為你的好孩子。我知道等我回家時,我會比以往任何時候都更為我的小婦人們感到驕傲。
Amy hid her face on her momers shoulder .
艾米將臉藏在母親的臂彎里。
I'm selfish,she cried,but Ill try to be better.
我很自私自利,她哭泣著說,可我會努力變得好些。
We all will! cried Meg.
們都會的,麥格流著淚道。
I think too much about the way I look,and hate to work,but I wont any more.
我我太注重自己的外表,憎恨工作,但我以后不會了。

關于《小婦人》
雖然她們的理想和命運都不盡相同,但是她們都具有自強自立的共同特點。描寫了她們對家庭的眷戀;對愛的忠誠以及對親情的渴望。