I do, teaching those awful children,said Meg.
是我掙的,我教那些糟糕的孩子,麥格道。
What abut me?said Jo.
我又怎么樣?瓊說,
Im shut up all day working for a terrible old lady,
我一整天一句話都不說,給一個可怕的老太婆干活,
who gives me different orders every five seconds!
她每五分鐘就給我下一道不同的命令!
I think washing cups and plates and keeping things tidy is the worst work in the world,said Beth.
我覺得洗杯子盤子和整理東西是世界上最壞的工作,白絲說,
My hands get too tired to play my music.
我的雙手累得都彈不了琴了。
I have to go to school with girls who laugh at my dresses and say cruel things because my father isnt rich,said Amy.
我不得不跟那些笑話我穿戴的女孩子一起去上學,她們常說些難聽的話,因為我的父親不是有錢人。艾米說。
I wish we had the money Father lost when we were little,Jo,said Meg.
真希望我們能有在我們小時候爸爸失掉的那些錢呀,瓊,麥格道。
I wish I was a boy, said Jo.Then I could go and fight beside Father!
我希望我是個男孩,瓊說,那樣我就可以去和爸爸并肩作戰了。
Meg was sixteen and very pretty, with large eyes and soft brown hair,and white hands.
麥格16歲了,長得很漂亮,大眼睛,擁有柔軟的棕色頭發,以及白皙的雙手。
Fifteen-year-old Jo was very tall and thin.
15歲的瓊又高又瘦。
Her long,dark-red hair was usually pushed up out of the way.
她常把深紅色的長發梳得老高。
Beth was thirteen,a very shy girl who seemed to live in a happy world of her own.
白絲13歲,她是個很怕羞的女孩,看起來像是生活在她自己的快樂世界里。
Amy was the youngest, but thought herself to be the most important.
艾米最小,可她認為自己最重要。
She had blue eyes,and yellow hair which curled on to her shoulders.
她有一雙藍色的眼睛,還有卷到肩頭的黃色頭發。

關于《小婦人》
這部小說以家庭生活為描寫對象,以家庭成員的感情糾葛為線索,描寫了馬奇一家的天倫之愛。