There was still demand for a drug
還需要一些藥物
that could suppress the appetite to bring down weight.
可以抑制食欲以便降低體重
In 1994, two drugs that were already on the market were combined.
1994年 兩種已經上市的藥物被結合起來
Together, they became very potent
二者共同使用 成效卓著
and users lost around a fifth of their body weight.
使用者減掉了約自身重量的15%
The drugs looked like a miracle cure
這種藥物看起來似乎效果神奇
and became affectionately known as Fen-Phen.
被親切地稱為芬-芬
I lost 64 pounds
我減了64磅
when I was on the Fen-Phen drugs and I loved every minute of it.
我用芬-芬的時候 每一分鐘都享受其中
The weight just literally fell off of me.
體重真正被我甩掉了
It was amazing how rapid the weight loss was.
減這么快簡直太神奇了
The Fen-Phen drugs changed something in my brain
芬-芬藥使得我的大腦有了某種改變
and I no longer craved... Sugar-free Diet 7 Up.
我不再渴望無糖七喜飲料
I was, like, drinking water, and I no longer craved the fatty
現在喜歡喝水 而且我不再渴望
foods that I'd always loved, and I no
我一直喜歡的脂肪類食物 不再渴望
longer craved all the bad things that I wasn't supposed to eat.
那些不該吃的垃圾食品
I could go through a room
我可以走過放滿批薩的房間
full of pizzas and never look twice at them.
而對它們視而不見