Fen-Phen took America by storm.
芬-芬像一場風暴席卷了美國
Over six million prescriptions were issued in 1996.
1996一年開出的處方就超過六百萬
But by then something had already started to go wrong.
然而 有些事開始不對勁了
This is my liver and my kidneys and my spleen, it's all swollen.
我的肝臟 腎臟 還有脾臟都開始腫大
I look like a man that's pregnant.
我看起來就像一個懷孕的男人
But I've always wanted to
我一直想瘦下來
be skinny and I'm skinny, but I'm not healthy.
我現在是瘦了 但是我不健康
All Carla wanted to do was to lose weight,
卡拉那時只有一個念頭 就是減輕體重
but she began to feel ill
但當她開始療程
just five weeks into her course of treatment.
五個星期后 開始覺得身體抱恙
I had gone to chaperone my middle son's homecoming dance
我去次子的返校舞會做監護人
and I was up dancing with the kids and just having fun with them,
當時我在和孩子們跳舞 玩得正高興
and all of a sudden my head started pounding
突然我的腦袋開始轟鳴
and my ears started ringing so loudly
我的耳朵大聲鳴叫
that I couldn't even hear the music.
以至于我連音樂都聽不見了
I went to the hospital and
我去了醫院
the next day they transferred me to Salem,
第二天他們把我轉到薩利姆那里
and he came into the room and he told me that I had
他走進病房告訴我 我得了
primary pulmonary hypertension and I had two years to live.
早期肺動脈高血壓癥 只能再活2年