流感也危險,每年都至少有100個孩子死于流感,約有20000的兒童因為流感的并發癥而住院治療。來聽聽Emily Lastinger的故事吧。Emily was really energetic, she was athletic.
艾米麗真的是活力四射,而且她酷愛運動。
She has 2 older brothers.
她有兩個大哥哥。
They really push her to kind of one enjoying the crowd.
他們真的使她變成喜歡與人溝通的類型。
And she loves people, she loves school.
而且她愛周圍的人,她愛學校。
Like any many other girls,she likes playing dress-up.
像任何其他女孩一樣,她喜歡打扮。
Emily came from the school,a little more tired than usual.
艾米莉從學?;貋?感覺比平時要累些。
She developed a fever.
她發燒了。
Later that night, we took her to see a pediatrician and there she was diagnosised with the flu.
那天晚上,我們帶她去看兒科醫生,經醫生診斷她患了流感。
Over the weekend, Saturday she seemed to be much more ache.
上周末,星期六看起來她似乎更加難受。
She was fevering a lot.
她的發燒更加嚴重。
In monday morning, we made an appointment with the pediatrician for that early that afternoon.
周一早晨,我們與兒科醫生預約了下午早些時間帶她過去復診。
About 11 o'clock, when I was downstairs, I heard my wife start screaming for help.
大約11點鐘,當我下樓時,我聽到我的妻子尖叫求救。
you know, what was believing,and so we start to do CPR, call the police.
你知道,我們不敢相信眼前所發生的,所以我們開始做心肺復蘇并報警。
They took her to the emergency room, the local hospital.
他們把她送到當地醫院的急診室。
They got her heart start again.
他們恢復了她的心跳。
The doctor pulled me aside and said we've done everything we can, we can give her anymore medication and that means it's the medication that sort of keeping her heart and shames keep her alive.
醫生把我拉到一邊,他說我們已經竭盡所能,對她進行藥物治療,而這意味著只有藥物治療才能保持她的心跳并且讓她活著。
And you know, we couldn't detect any brain activity.
你知道,我們沒有發現任何大腦活動。
And they stop giving giving medication and 9 o'clock at night we know we just gonna said goodbye.
而他們停止給予藥物治療并且在晚上九點我們獲悉要含淚跟她道別。
What we want everybody to know is that influenza can kill children.
我們想要每個人都明白的是,感冒可以殺死孩子。
Learning from us that make sure that whatever you do you can to protect children from influenza.
從我們的教訓中學習,確保無論你做什么你都要保護孩子們免受感冒威脅。
注:聽力文本來源于普特
可可原創,未經許可請勿轉載