Chief is at the wedding 長官在婚禮上
A police stopped a motorist who was speeding on the street.
大街上的一個超速駕駛者被警察攔住了。
"But officer," the man said, "I can explain."
“但是警官”這個人說道?“我可以解釋的”。
"Just be quiet," snapped the officer."I'm going to put you in jail until the chief gets back."
“保持安靜”警察突然說道。“我將把你送往監獄,直到長官回來。
"But ,officer, I …."
“但是,警察,我”。
"I said to keep quiet! You are going to jail!" A few hours later, the officer looked in on his prisoner and said, "You are lucky because the chief is at his daughter's wedding. He'll be in a good mood when he gets back."
“我說過了保持安靜,你要到監獄了。”幾小時后,警察向監獄里看了看說道:“算你運氣好,因為我們的長官正在他女兒的婚禮上。他將帶著一個愉快的心情回來的。”
"Are you sure?" answered the man in the cell. "I'm the groom."
“你確定”在牢房里的這個人說道。“我就是新郎呀”
1.stop
stop to do sth 是停下手上的事去做另一件事
stop doing sth 是停止手上正在做的事
2.speeding
n.超速行駛
speeding在這里作名詞使用,表示超速行駛,也可以作speed現在分詞,表示加速。
eg:So where you headed? Was I speeding too?
你要去哪里?我有超速嗎?