《犯罪現場調查》描述一組刑事鑒識科學家的故事。劇中案件發生地點是設定在美國內華達州的拉斯維加斯。選擇拉斯維加斯的原因是拉斯維加斯都會警察局的犯罪研究室是全美第二活躍的,僅次于聯邦調查局在弗吉尼亞州匡提科(Quantico)的實驗室。小組成員們調查神秘、不尋常、有時陰森的死亡事件以判定事實。他們同時也調查其他重大犯罪事件,不過謀殺案件還是這個系列電視系列劇的主題所在。特德?丹森做客節目,解釋為何自己是片中角色的最佳人選。
So you are in Arizona, grew up as a kid.
因此你在亞利桑那州長大。
Yeah, right.
是的,沒錯。
Ok, tell us the story about the..
好吧,告訴我們這個故事講的是…
My father was an archeologist and so we were...
我的父親是一位考古學家,因此我們…
Working with the university or something?
與大學一起合作或類似的什么?
In Tucson, he was professor and he would go out to the field and do archeological digs and I,
他在圖森是教授而且他經常出去考古挖掘而我,
growing up been around bones and skulls and it was very natural.
在成長的過程中,看見骨骼和頭骨是非常自然的。
And then we moved to the Flagstaff, he’s the director of the museum.
然后我們搬到弗拉格斯塔夫,他是博物館的主任。
I was out playing with my friends one day, we were playing army.
有一天我跟朋友出去玩,我們扮演軍隊。
and we are about 11,and we are running around, shooting our pretend guns.
我們都差不多11歲,我們到處亂跑,用假裝的槍支射擊。
and then we ran across a skull, a human skull, adult with a little hole here,
然后我們偶然看見了一個頭骨,一個人類的頭骨、成人頭骨,而且這里有小洞,
big hole back here and a little patch of hair, and my, son ofthe archeologist immediately went WOW.
后面有個大洞,這里有一小塊頭發,而我,身為考古學家的兒子,開始大喊大叫。
Got a pole, stuck it on the end of the pole and we played Romans and Gauls, and played until we were bored,thenput it down, went home.
我們找到了根桿子,把它插在頂端后,我們開始扮演羅馬人和高盧人,直到我們都感到厭煩后才把它拿下來,各自回家去了。
My dad was surrounded by his scientist friends, youk now, said how was your day.
我的爸爸被他的科學家朋友們圍著,如你所知,他問我今天過得好不好。
It was great, we found the skull.
好極了,我們還發現了頭骨。
They got very quiet, what did you do?
他們頓時變得非常安靜,你做了什么?
I said,we stuck it on a pole, we played Romans and Gauls.
我說,我們把它插在桿上,之后扮演羅馬人和高盧人。
My mother was very proud of that I knew a Gaul, who the gauls were.
我媽媽對我知道高盧人感到非常驕傲。
My father, he went to the roof and we went up the next day with the police could not find it.
我的父親,他去了那里而第二天我們也去了那里,而警察們卻找不到它。
A lot of trouble,people are very upset with this.but five years later,
有很多麻煩,人們很沮喪。但五年后,
one of my friends went back up to that same area and found it,
我的一個朋友回到了同一地區而且找到了它,
and it was the same skull, same patch, the holes, took it to the museum,
同樣的頭骨,相同的洞,它被帶到了博物館,
the police came and all of them back, the museum curator put clay all over the bones through,
警察來了,博物館館長把泥抹在骨頭上,
to figure outwhat kind of the shape of the head might look like and then drew a picture,sketched it,
為了搞清楚頭骨的形狀,他們畫了一幅畫,描了輪廓,
put it in a newspaper and then identified the guy like ten years later.
把它放在了一張報紙里,然后確定了這樣的一個十年后的家伙。
So, I'm CSI.
所以,我感覺像是犯罪現場調查。
That’s exactly like CSI. Tremendous!
那完全象犯罪現場。太了不起了!
注:聽力文本來源于普特