美國前副總統,現年71歲的美國資深政治家切尼3月24日接受了心臟移植手術,這一消息卻引發了道德爭議,許多比他年輕、可能更需要器官移植的患者長期得不到手術機會。需要器官捐獻的患者獲得捐贈器官的機率是如何受影響的呢?
Former vice president Dick Cheney who has a new heart tonight after a transplant surgery this weekend.
美前副總統切尼本周末在接受移植手術后進行新的心臟手術。
His family saying they don't know who the donor is, but that they are forever grateful.
他的家人稱不知道誰是捐贈者,但他們永遠心存感激。
We could see in recent months the told Cheney's long history of heart disease had taken,
我們可以看到在最近幾個月中,長期的歷史記載著切尼的心臟疾病,
a device that usually comes before a new heart.
在新的心臟到來前,通常都是一種裝置。
It's originally designed as a transition to a transplant, the heart transplant is still a possibility.
最初設計是作為從過渡到移植,移植的心臟還只是一種可能性。
And so we bring in our doctor Richard Besser tonight.
所以我們今晚請到了理查德·貝瑟醫生。
And Richard, you were telling me earlier that a transplant for someone in their 60s and 70s can really prolong their life.
理查德,你早些時候告訴我,在60至70歲移植確實可以延長生命。
It's really incredible, 17.5 years, that is the average length it will extend someone's life who has a transplant, if they're over 65.
確實難以置信,17.5年,平均長度是移植會延長別人的生命,如果他們已超過65歲。
It's a tricky question, but it's out there today, when you have someone in their 70s like Mr. Cheney, and so many younger people waiting for heart transplants, how does the list work?
這是一個棘手的問題,但在現今,你遇到切尼先生這樣70歲的人,所以很多年輕人等待心臟移植手術,效果如何?
I mean, it used to be age 55 was a cutoff, anything above that you won't get a transplant,
我的意思是,曾經55歲是一個截止,任何以上的歲數你是不會得到移植的,
but now, they look at the person as a whole, if there's no kidney disease,
但是現在,他們看作一個整體,如果沒有腎臟疾病,
or haven't any strokes, if they're in good health, age is no longer a barrier.
或者沒有中風,如果他們身體健康,年齡不再是障礙。
And in fact you were telling me that Dick Cheney waited longer than average.
事實上,你告訴我,迪克·切尼的等待超過平均水平。
Yeah, that's right, I was talking to the program in UCLA,
是啊,沒錯,我說的是UCLA的程序,
the average wait there is 3-6 months, he waited 20.
平均等待是3至6個月,而他等了20年。
We wish him a speedy recovery tonight, Richard Besser as always, thanks to you.
我們今晚希望他能夠盡快的恢復,也一如既往的謝謝你,理查德。