Chris Gardner. Pleasure.
克里斯賈納,幸會
I've been sitting there for the last half-hour,trying to come up with a story that would explain my being here dressed like this.
我這半小時絞盡腦汁,想編出我穿成這樣的借口
And I wanted to come up with a story that would demonstrate qualities that I'm sure you all admire here
我想編出一個故事讓你們知道我的優點
like earnestness or diligence, team-playing, something.
像是誠懇、努力或是團隊精神
And I couldn't think of anything.
可是我掰不出來
So the truth is I was arrested for failure to pay parking tickets.
事實是我因為沒繳停車罰單被捕
Parking tickets?
停車罰單?
And I ran all the way here from the Polk Station, the police station.
我從派出所一路狂奔到這里
What were you doing before you were arrested?
你被捕之前在做什么?
I was painting my apartment.
粉刷我的公寓
Is it dry now?
油漆干了嗎?
I hope so.
希望干了