LESSON 105 THE DREAM OF CLARENCE
第一百零五課 克拉倫斯的夢
Room in the Tower of London. Enter CLARENCE and BRAKENBURY.
克拉倫斯和布萊肯巴里進入倫敦塔的房間。
Brakenbury says: "Why looks your grace so heavily today?"
布萊肯巴里說:“大人您今兒何以如此愁眉不展?”
Clarence says: "O, I have passed a miserable night, so full of ugly sights, of ghastly dreams,
克拉倫斯說:“啊,我這一夜好難熬過,什么丑陋的形象都有,噩夢連連,
That, as I am a Christian, faithful man, I would not spend another such a night, Though were to buy a world of happy days,
我雖然是個基督徒,也不愿再度過這樣的夜晚,即使能換來歡樂逍遙的日子。
So full of dismal terror was the time! What was your dream? I long to hear you tell it.
那種凄涼的景象哪堪受!您做的什么夢?真希望講給我聽聽。
Methoughts, that I had broken from the Tower, and was embarked to cross to Burgundy;
我以為自己從塔中脫險出來,上了要渡海去勃艮第船;
And, in my company, my brother Gloster; Who, from my cabin, tempted me to walk upon the hatches;
與我同行的是我弟弟格羅斯特,他從船艙里見喚我上船。
thence we looked toward England, and cited up a thousand fearful times during the wars of York and Lancaster that had befallen us.
倚著艙口,我們遙望英格蘭,嗟嘆萬千艱難時世,在約克郡和蘭開斯特郡交戰期間,我們遭受的苦難。
As we paced along Upon the giddy footing of the hatches, Methought that Gloster stumbled;
當我們從令人暈眩的艙門口踱步到甲板上時,葛羅斯特跌倒了;
and, in falling, struck me, that thought to stay him, overboard, into the tumbling billows of the main.
本欲拽他卻未能,他推了我一下,我摔出艙外,跌進波濤翻滾的大海。