So one day when they went over for their usual afternoon game, they found a board nailed to one of the trees,
有一天下午,他們玩游戲時發現一棵樹上訂著木板,
and painted on it were the words, "Keep out, everybody."
上面寫道:“大家都出去?!?/div>
美國小學英語教材4:第130課 收羊毛(5) 2018-11-23
美國小學英語教材4:第131課 游樂場(1) 2018-11-28
美國小學英語教材4:第133課 游樂場(3) 2018-11-30
美國小學英語教材4:第134課 游樂場(4) 2018-12-05
美國小學英語教材4:第135課 羅布的第一只黑鯨(1) 2018-12-06
"I guess it doesn't mean us," said Jimmy Hopkins.
“我想這不是指我們,”吉米·霍普金斯說。
"We have always played here, and no one has ever stopped us."
我們一直在這里踢球,從來沒有人阻止過我們?!?/div>
?
"But it says 'Everybody,'" and Ben Hayes pointed to the sign.
“但上面寫著‘所有人',”本·海斯指著牌子說道。
"Well, let's try it, anyway," said one of the other boys, and so the game began.
另一個男孩說“不管怎樣,我們玩會試試吧”,于是游戲開始了。
It had been going on but a little while when they heard a man's voice say, in a somewhat sharp tone,
他們剛玩一會兒,就聽見一個刺耳的聲音說道:
"Well, boys, I see you didn't read my sign."
“孩子們,我想你們沒有看到我的標志牌。”
A tall old gentleman had stepped through a gap in the hedge and was looking at them out of a pair of keen blue eyes, half hidden by bushy gray brows.
一位高大的老先生穿過樹籬的縫隙望著他們,老人有著一雙敏銳的藍眼睛,眼睛的一半被濃密的灰色眉毛給遮住了。
"Yes, sir, we read it," said some one, "but we thought it didn't mean us."
“是的,先生,我們看到了,”一個人說,“但我們以為那不是指我們?!?/div>
"Oh! then you don't consider yourselves anybody. Is that it?"
“哦!那你就不把自己當成外人了,是嗎?”
"No, sir; we've always played here, and nobody ever said anything."
“不,先生,我們一直在這里打球,沒人說過我們?!?/div>
"But you see, I've bought the place now,
“但是你看,我現在已經把這塊地買下來了,
and I must find a way to make it bring me in some money."
我必須想辦法讓它給我帶來一些錢?!?/div>
"Are you going to plow it up?" asked Eddie Brooks.
“你打算犁地嗎?”埃迪·布魯克斯問。

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: