But the giant reached out his long arm, picked up his hat, and put it upon his head.
但是巨人伸出了長長的胳膊,撿起帽子戴到了頭上。
At this, all three of the great giants broke into a merry laugh.
這時,三個巨人都開心的笑了。
"Young man, don't you know that I am the giant whose arms are so long that I can reach five hundred yards?"
年輕人,你不知道我的手臂能夠伸到500碼(約457米)以外的地方嗎?
asked the giant who was sitting under the tree.
坐在樹下的巨人問道。
"No!" said Hans, dancing with joy.
我不知道,漢斯說著高興的跳了起來。
"But if that is true, you are just the giant I need.
如果真是這樣的話,你就是我需要的那個巨人。
When I get to the North Sea, you can reach down and pick up the string of enchanted pearls that lies at the bottom of the water.
在我到達北海時,你就可以伸出手撿起海底的串魔法珍珠。
Will you come and help me?"
你愿意來幫助我嗎?
"Yes," said the giant. "I will go, if I can be of any use to you."
好的,如果能對你有用我愿意去,巨人說道。
So Hans and the three great giants started on their journey to the North Sea.
于是漢斯和三個巨人走上了去北海的路。
They had not gone far before they came to another great giant, resting against a very large rock.
沒多遠,他們來到了另一個巨人的跟前,他正以依在一塊巨大的巖石上休息。
Hans saw that both of the giant's ears were filled with cotton.
漢斯看到巨人的兩只耳朵都塞上了棉花。
"Do your ears hurt?" asked the young man. "Perhaps I can do something to help you."
便問到,你的耳朵受傷了嗎?或許我能幫你做點什么。
"Oh, no," said the giant. "I always put cotton in my ears, to shut out some of the sounds about me.
哦,不不不,巨人說,我總是放些棉花到耳朵里來避開我周圍的一些聲音。
I can hear so well that I can tell what men are saying far away—even if they are a hundred miles from me."
我的聽力非常好,連遠處的人說什么話我都能聽到,即便他們離我有百英里之遙。