"They are nothing but pears," said the boy in a polite way, as he started off again.
它們只是梨子,男孩有禮貌的說道,說完他又開始趕路了。
How the servants at the palace laughed when another boy came to them with the story that he had pears for the king!
當這個男孩來到侍衛前,說他有梨子送給國王時,王宮的侍衛大笑不止!
"No, no!" they said. "We have had enough of that! You may turn around and go back home."
不,不,他們說。我們已經聽夠了,你可以轉身回家了。
The poor boy began to weep bitterly.
可憐的男孩哭了起來,哭得很傷心。
At that moment the king and his little daughter came out of the palace.
就在那時,國王和他的小女兒從王宮出來。
When the girl saw the weeping boy, she asked the servants what the trouble was.
女孩見到哭泣的男孩,問侍衛發生了什么事。
"It is another boy who has come to fool your father," answered the servants.
又是一個來愚弄你父王的男孩,侍衛回答。
Then they asked the king if they should take this lad away and shut him up also.
接著他們便問國王,要不要把孩子也帶走關起來。
"You may decide, daughter," said the king.
女兒,你來決定吧,國王說。
"But I have pears!" cried the boy, "and my father says there are no finer ones in the world."
但我帶的是梨啊,男孩哭著說,我爸爸說世界上沒有比這更好的梨了。
"We know that story by heart!" cried a servant.
我們早就知道這個故事了,一個侍衛叫道。
"Please look at my pears, fair princess!" begged the boy. "I have brought them a long way for the king."
美麗的公主,請看看我的梨子吧,男孩央求道,我把它們從遠方帶來,想獻給國王。
The princess believed what the boy said.
公主相信了男孩的話。
So she peeped under the leaves, and what do you think she saw—shining pears of pure gold!
于是她看了看葉子下面,你猜她看到了什么?閃閃發光的純金梨。