A back-seat driver is the pest who sits on the rear cushions of a motor car and tells the driver what to do.
后座駕駛員就是坐在汽車后座上告訴駕駛員怎么開車的那個討厭的家伙。
He issues a lot of instructions,gives a lot of advice,offers no end of criticism and doesn't do a bit of work.
他給出很多指令,不停地提建議,沒完沒了地批評司機的駕駛技術,卻不做任何實際的事情。
Whoa,slow down! Are you trying to get us killed or what?
吁!慢一點兒!你想讓我們送命啊?
Don't you worry about that!I know what I'm doing.
這個不用你擔心!我知道自己在干什么。
I doubt it. If you do,you should have turned left back there.
我看未必。如果你真知道,在剛才那里就該左轉。
Why don't you pull over and make a U-turn ?
不如你停下,掉個頭吧?
We can still fix this.
還可以補救。
Jesus. You are such a backseat driver.
天哪,你真是個典型的后座駕駛員。
Why don't you just sit there and shut the hell up?
你為什么不好好坐在那里,安靜一會兒?
You know what your problem is?
你知道你的問題在哪里嗎?
Your are a loser husband.
你那個衰老公。
I mean,come on.He's sush a sleazebag .
說真的,他是個徹底的混球。
If I were you ,I'd divorce him in a hearbeat .
如果我是你,我會毫不猶豫地跟他離婚。
Stop being such a backseat driver,my marriage is none of your business.
你別對我的私事橫加干涉!我的婚姻不心!
Hey I'm just looking out for you.
嘿,我是替你著 沒什么可多說的。
Thanks,but no.I don't need anyone to tell me that I shoould divorce my husband.
謝了,不過我可以不需要任何人告訴我應該跟丈夫離婚。
You can't cross that line ,period.
你絕對不尅過這個界,沒什么可多說的。
It's really unfortunate that everyone is saying that I'm jealous of Jennifer.
所有人都是我妒忌詹尼弗,這太不幸了。
It hurts my heart,because It is so cliche.
因為這是典型的陳詞濫調,這傷透了我的心。
Because I'm a star,they just automatically assume that I'm not humble enough to sit down and take a back seat which I am.
就因為我是明星,大家就都理所當然地認為我不肯放下身份,甘愿退居次席。實際上,我是愿意的。
When Hoke pulls the car over,he finally refuses to take a back seat to Miss Daisy by insisting that she at least is forbidden to tell him when he needs ro go to the bathroom.
當Hoke停下車的時候,你總不能連我什么時候上廁所都要橫加干涉吧。
This effectively shuts Miss Daisy up for a few minutes, though her condition as a backseat driver is basically incurable.
這成功地讓黛西消停了幾分鐘,盡管她這個后座駕駛員的指揮基本上是錯誤的。