You were looking for me?
你找我做什么
This arrived from Holland this morning.
這封信是今天早上從荷蘭寄來的
It's from Jo, Theo's widow.
是喬寄的 提奧的遺孀
It turns out Gachel did send the letter.
看來加歇醫生確實把信轉交了
And, she was terribly touched by what you did.
你送信這事讓她非常感動
She thought it only right that you should know what was in it,
她覺得你有權知道這封信的內容
so she copied it out for us.
就抄了一份給我們
She sends her,
她寄的
she said something about
她里面說的是
... Alright, give it here.
行了 讓我讀吧
In the life of the painter,
在畫家的人生里
death may perhaps not be the most difficult thing.
死亡并非難以接受
For myself, I declare I don't Know anything about it.
對于死亡 我的說法不盡準確
But, the sight of the stars always makes me dream.
然而每當我仰望星空時 我總會暢想一番
Why I say to myself should those spots of light
我常常問自己 我們為什么觸摸不到
in the firmament bet Inaccessible to us?
頭上的點點星光
Maybe we can take death to go to a star
莫非人類可以通過死亡去往那一片星空
and to die peacefully of old age would be to go there on foot.
這么說 暮年的安詳離世該是朝向星海徜徉徘徊吧
For the moment, I'm going to go to bed because it's late,
夜已深了 我該上床安歇了
and I wish you goodnight and good luck
祝你晚安 也祝你好運
with a handshake,
與你親切地握手
your loving Vincent.
來自你摯愛的文森特