One time, I told him that my dream job was to work at Amnesty I nternational,
有一次我說我夢想在國際特赦組織工作
and he was, like, devastated.
他下巴都嚇掉了
So you're lucky...
所以你很幸運
you're lucky that your dad's so cool.
有一個這么酷的爸爸
Hey! Hey!
你好
This is my friend, Maya. Hey, how are you?
這是我朋友 瑪雅 你好嗎
Hey. I told her to stop by.
我讓她順路來坐
So, uh, you go to Harvard, too? Yes, I do.
你也是哈佛的嗎 是的
Yeah, uh, Maya's in orchestra with me.
對 瑪雅和我都是管弦部的
She plays the violin. Oh.
她拉小提琴 哦
And, uh, what instrument do you play?
你演奏什么樂器
I play the flute. Yeah.
我吹笛子
The flute? Oh, wow. Yeah.
笛子 哇哦
I just don't feel like it's my job
我就是覺得 我沒有義務去
to be the ambassador to all these Chinese students.
做什么什么中國學生的大使
I mean, of course I want to help them assimilate, but...
我是說 我很想幫他們融入沒錯
First of all, I'm fucking Korean. Okay?
問題是 我他媽是韓國人啊
And second of all, I don't even speak Mandarin...
我連個漢語都不會說
Her friend Maya was equally captivating,
她朋友瑪雅也十分迷人
equally compelling.
引人注目
I suddenly felt a deep grief...
我突然感到一陣深深的悲哀
for all the women I would never love...
悲哀我錯過的 無法去愛的女人
and all the lives I would never live.
悲哀我無法經歷的人生
I imagined running away with them both
我想象著與她們一起逃離這里
and starting again.
從頭開始
And what that might look like.
那會是什么樣的