I pictured his triumphs eclipsing those of my contemporaries.
我想象著他的成功讓我在同齡人中脫穎而出
And how gratifying that would be.
想象著那種滿足感
Suddenly, my thoughts darkened.
可一轉念 我突然變得黑暗起來
These victories...
那些成功
how desperate to claim them as mine.
我多希望是我自己
They would be his.
那都是他的成功
Um... my dad, like, whenever he sees
我爹吧 不管他從哪看到
a photo of me on the Internet or in a magazine,
我的照片 雜志上 網上
for some reason he thinks it's, like, my obituary.
他都會覺得這是我的訃告
And that I've, like, died.
就好像 我掛了一樣
It sounds like your dad might be a little bit crazy.
聽起來你老爹有點不正常啊
Crazy? Uh, yeah, a little. I would say, um...
有點瘋 是有那么一點
Like, maybe this? Maybe, yeah.
大概這么多 對對 再多點
Maybe a little more than that.
可能還要多一點
Maybe a little bit more than a little. Yeah, yeah.
可能比這個還多 對吧
What if Troy lorded his success over me,
要是特洛伊用他的成功來打擊我怎么辦
or hoarded it away?
或者把它藏起來
It sounds like your father might be mentally ill,
感覺你老爹精神有點問題啊
in need of some help.
需要看病了
What if, in the end,
要是 到了最后
Troy's wins made me feel even more the failure?
兒子的成功讓我更相形見絀怎么辦
What if I became envious of my own son?
要是我連兒子都開始嫉妒怎么辦
The thought horrified me.
我不敢往下想了