I thought about the last time I saw him.
我又想到上次見費舍
We'd both been in New York for different reasons
我們各自到紐約去辦事
and decided to meet up.
說好了見個面
I'd just started my nonprofit and was full of enthusiasm.
那時我剛開始躊躇滿志地經營非盈利組織
...and so what we would do
我們做的就是
is kind of be a clearing house for that, and kind of a...
就好像打掃一間房子 有一點像
like a matchmaking service,
有點像婚姻介紹所
social media matchmaking organization that would find the organizations
作為媒體 先找到那些缺錢的組織機構
that need the money, find the people who want to give money,
再找到愿意捐款的人
bring them together and...
把這兩邊一匹配
I was hoping Craig might want to get involved in some way,
我還想著把克雷格也拉進來
offer up his famous friends.
推薦一下他那些土豪的朋友們
Even donate money.
甚至自己捐一點
But he never took the bait.
結果他完全不理我
Back in Sacramento, I decided to be more direct.
回到家里 我打算把話挑明了
I sent him an email asking him to come onto my board of directors.
給他發了一封郵件 請他加入公司董事會
I wrote about the worthiness of the cause and my deep respect for Craig
說了一些好處 說我是多么尊敬他
and how much it would mean to me personally.
以及對我個人有多大幫助
Mrs. Cohen said we have to bring all the science stuff to school by Friday.
科恩太太讓我們這周五把員工都帶到學校去
Oh. So, we got to figure that out.
所以得想想辦法
But I never heard back.
結果是石沉大海
Well, I do like whales a lot,
啊 我特別喜歡鯨魚
so, we could study the anatomy...
這次能學學解剖
You know, they say politics is show business for ugly people.
人們都說政治是丑人們自我炫耀的地方
Any whiff of show business, I think people really respond...
任何用來炫耀的地方 人們都有義務...
In fact, I never heard from Craig again.
實際上 他再也沒跟我聯系過